Saturday, September 30, 2006



Woke up to the beginning of a beautiful morning. As the sun rose higher, the morning warmed up and I could see it was going to be a stunning autumn day. I decided on an early morning trip into the local town, as there seems to be so many glittery projects and swaps in the offing that I can see mammoth supplies of glitter will be needed. Thought I would buy it early before all the children get involved in glitter tasks for Christmas, at school.

I caught the country bus into the town and enjoyed watching the autumn countryside as we trundled along. The trees are still green, but there are hints of turning leaves in very small clusters. The rowan trees are packed full of berries, I can't remember if that is supposed to be the sign of a harsh winter, I think it is. As we left the village and crossed over the river, I noticed Mr.Heron was perched on the rock in the middle of the river looking for his breakfast. As I had started out early the town was quiet when I arrived there, as it had not reached its Saturday fever pitch yet.

As I passed one of the charity shops, I thought I would pop in quickly and have a look. I am glad I did because I found a lovely hand thrown pottery casserole in a beautiful pale blue colour, which will blend in with my yellow kitchen perfectly. Next stop the discount stationery store where I bought, glitter pens, glitter in the pot, a big bag of coloured feathers, new felt pens, various colouring pencils and some fine looking gel metallic pens, that were jostling each other and shouting 'buy me Daisy, come on you know you need me' Never one to ignore a wheedling pen I gave in. Then popped into Poundland where you can often find some gems among the dross and stocked up on fat church candles. There is nothing like a room lit by candles on a dark evening, much nicer watching a dvd or TV in the soft glow of candlelight. Found some bits and pieces that might be useful for altered art projects and decided to finish off with a cup of coffee sitting al fresco in the pedestrain square, then hopped on the bus home. A lovely way to spend a sunny autumn morning.


My very faourite jewellery stone is a moonstone. Moonstones are very female stones and work in conjunction with the moon. The power of the moonstone can become too much for some people to wear when there is a full moon. It is a stone that calms you, opens you up to inspiration and to your psychic capabilties and I believe it empowers you. If I ever have to do something difficult where I want a positive result I wear some moonstone jewellery. When I went to seek the grant for the Local History Group, I wore moonstone, earrings, ring and bracelet to fully empower me. I always feed my moonstones with the moon's rays. This means on the night of the full moon I lay them out on my bedroom windowsill so they can soak up the moonshine. When I am wearing them I can always tell how much power is in them by the degree of flashings of blue they emit when they catch the light. If you want inspirational dreams or dreams of the future, or answers to questions try sleeping wearing a moonstone or putting one under your pillow. What are everyone elses favourite crystals and stones?


This picture opposite, is my piece For the Friendship Piece Project. It is going to Robyn, in Australia and I hope she will like it. Sorry about the quality of the picture, I was in a hurry the other day because I wanted to get it posted and just quickly scanned it into the computer. Some of the shiny fabric has not reproduced too well, it looks slightly better if you enlarge it. There are seven people doing it including myself and we each make one 6x6 inch piece for each other, so we all end up with six pieces from people and then we do with them what we will. Such as we can make a mini quilt or a wall hanging. The pieces that I have seen on people's sites so far are really exciting and I think we are all going to be thrilled with the end result.

I have decided after being encouraged by a GPS to put my Daisy Podlings up for sale, I was thinking of sending them out with a notecard that explains their beginnings, and my GPS, well it was Judie actually, had the great idea of sending adoption papers with them. So I can combine their origins and adoption sheet. I will probably put the next batch of Daisy Faes up as well. Not sure yet whether it will be ebay or Etsy. I have my son, sorting it out over the weekend for me, as I am rubbish with these paypal online stores. I will add a bit of altered art and a couple of other things I have been busy with and take it from there. Fingers crossed I can get it all sorted out.
Don’t forget to join in Daisy Lupins’
Halloween Ghost Story Posting
Post a ghost story, something strange that happened
To you or a tale you want to tell
On 31st October, or as near to before
As possible.
Let’s have a Giant Story Circle



19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people lead the most interesting lives..Daisy Lupin..!I would have been right behind you with the stationery supplies,you can never have too many.I love opals, their fire fascinates me, I was always told they were unlucky if they were not your birth stone( they're not)but being a contrary sort, that just made me like them all the more.I agree with your observations about the moon,it always has something magical to offer doesn't it?

Annabelle said...

Oh Daisy,
Your post was magical! I love spending days like you did on Saturday, riding thru the English countryside on a brisk sunny autumn morning and viewing the wildlife....stirs the imagination. And then having treats like the charity shop and stationary and ending it with a coffee in the out doors.How lovely is that I ask?
I'm a big sparkle girl myself...I love making dragonflies and Victorian candle shades with sparkles all over them including adding some to myself....that can't be helped when your so immersed in your crafting; you know how it is.
Anyhow, the thing with the moon stone: very interesting indeed! I’ll have to get me one and try it. I wrote about ones dreams the other day, only problem is that I don’t remember all of my dreams. Maybe the moonstone will help me recall my dreams if I tuck one under my pillow.Thanks for the heads up on that idea.
I very much like your Friendship piece project and Robyn will love it. Good luck on your Podlings; they should vanish quickly. Add some sparkles to them, all the more magical and great for the Christmas tree…..A Fay Christmas tree.

Annabelle

p.s. I’ll try to conjure a ghostie story for the Daisy Lupins’
Halloween Ghost Story Posting

Miss Robyn said...

I went shopping for glitter today too! had a wonderful time -
I love the 6 X 6 !
good for you on selling your dolls - I am sure you will do well with them xoxo
all crystals are my favourite - I love every single one :)

Lisa said...

It sounds like a perfect day, Daisy; the sort I love to read about..the parts in books I seek out behind the story the writer is telling. Jostling through the English countryside...a very fond dream of mine.

I'm so happy you'll be selling the podlings. I wish you so much luck with it! Your piece for the friendship swap is beautiful. I'm sure Robyn will adore it.

gma said...

Have you seen Brazilian Moonstones? They are so beautiful.
I too am interested in stones and minerals and their properties. I have a little velvet bag I carry them with me on certain days.

Tea said...

Sounds like you had a fun day shopping. I just love love love that little piece you`ve made! It would be gorgeous framed or in a quilt. Lucky Robyn!!!

tea
xo

zuzu said...

Miss Daisy =^..^=

Where would I find a moonstone? What do they look like? I am quite certain I have seen one before, just not known what I was looking at is all.

I am completely intrigued! I simply loved your description of setting them on the windowsill at night to "soak up the moonshine." How delightful! It is SOooo what I would do.

I have a small cloudy pink crystal and a small pale blue crystal set in a sterling clasp to hang about my neck (I bought them in Seattle at Pikes) The man told me that they were for creativity and clarity. I think I am remembering correctly (maybe it wasn't clarity ::grin::)

I also have two huge (HUGE) crystals my best friend gave to me for safe keeping ... They hang in the center doorways of the cottage ... & I often wire tiny pieces of raw crystals into my hanging beadwork projects -- I wonder that moonstones should be there too? Yes. I think maybe so! They could hang in the wondows and soak up the moon.

Do tell me what I am looking for? Are they white or blue or?

I so adore reading your postings. It makes me wish I could visit and go glitter shopping too!

Wave a hello to Mr. Herron for me next you see him.

=^..^= xo zU

Beth said...

Wow Daisy,,you had a fun day shopping,,loved how you talked about the pens talking to you. All craft stuff talks to me in the stores,,thats why I have so darn much,,lol.
Your quilt art page is wonderful! I know Robyn will treasure it. I have always wanted to try to sell some art on e-bay or etsy,,just scared to give it a try. I know you will do great at it.
Hugs to Delightful Daisy!!!

Carole Burant said...

You go to the same kind of stores I like to go to:-) My wallet cringes everytime I see a stationery store! lol It certainly sounds like you had a delightful AND productive day of shopping. It was very interesting to learn about the moonstone...I've never really paid attention to gems and crystals but I'm slowly learning they all mean something! Your friendship piece is absolutely stunning and I've no doubt Robyn will love it!! Hugs xox

LindaD said...

I've really enjoyed reading some of your 'days'.. As I read your answers to the latest 'survey' I couldn't help but think how alike so many of our answers would have been. I think that's a wonderful thing about blogs.. you may never meet the person, but so many strike a hormonizing chord, that you feel you know them. Your pictures are absolutely delightful and I love the idea of the Fairy pods...

Janet said...

I wish I could have been with you on your journey into town....it sounds as if you had a great time. I also find it difficult to turn down fun, new craft supplies. I love your quilt piece and I'm sure Robyn will too.

Good luck on selling your items. Let us know when you get it all set up.

natural attrill said...

There are some good finds in charity shops, I love them! used to be lots of jumble sales when I was young which were great fun, dont seem to be so many around these days.
Good luck with your online store.
Penny.

VintagePretty said...

Your hunt around charity shops and stationers sounds like my cup of tea (as does the al fresco coffee!). Can't wait to see the artwork you come up with - it sounds fab.

As for a favourite gemstone, mine is fluorite - I don't know why, but it is. I also like quartz, citrine, banded agate and blue lace agate.

Spider Girl said...

I love the Ghost Story Circle idea! My family has many stories.

As for blue pottery, I appreciate and collect it too. My kitchen is orange at the moment and blue looks nice with it, but I've been seriously toying with the idea of a sunny yellow kitchen--blue is so good with yellow too. :)

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I wish I had been there with you, it sounded terrific. Robin is such a lucky woman, the friendship piece is beautiful. Moonstones is my favorite, Too. I will have my necklace and rings always ready for positive results specially after learning that Today. Thank you for making me so smart and yes please let us know about your shop.

Tinker said...

Sounds like a lovely day to me!
I loved the bits about the moonstone - I have some crystals and garnet and lapis; but sadly no moonstone. I'll have to rectify that :)
Your 6x6 is gorgeous - lucky Robyn!
Hope you have a wonder-filled week
xo

KaiBlue said...

Sweet words.. thankyou for visting my blog, and for letting me ride along with you to town!!
Peace, Kai.

J C said...

Well thanks for the credit Daisy but I'm afraid the idea came from your very own site, so pat your own self on the back sweetie. You have to tell me, please please, about that painting with the three ladies. I have another wall waiting. I love it. I remember moonstone rings...in the 60's they were all the fad...oh my gosh am I that old?....yes! If I remember correctly, the silvery-colored moonstone rings would change color slightly with...I guess the heat...of your body, and it was supposed to be your emotions or something like that. I don't know what ever happened to mine. I don't have anything left over, except some jeans that I will never part with, even tho they don't fit any more. LOL Wish I could have gone on that bus ride with you. Here, we can ride the trolly up and down the beach...it comes by every 30 minutes...but there is just regular tourist traffic, and you can't see the gulf for the high rise condos. Just lots of high dollar tourist trap stores. Drat! When I first moved here, there was so much green space! I would give all this up for an English village and a bus, and to be able to sleep on the ground floor with the windows open and moonshine on my pillow.

KaiBlue said...

Ms Lupin, you lucky girl.. Thats an adorable 6x6..lol..
Im homesick yet again..but hope to be there next year sometime..
I have a doozie for your halloween story..
Peace, Kai