Friday, September 15, 2006

Strictly Confidential For Your Eyes Only


After doing over sixty postings I think some of us are becoming old friends now, so I thought its time to tell more about me. Time for me to tackle that 100 things you may not know about me, that a lot of you have done. I don't know if I have the staminia to do all 100 today, but I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes. After the however many '100 things' I stop at, is a meme I pinched from Janet's site, all about food likes and dislikes, just in case any of you ever have to feed me or me feed you lol! Then this amazing brain pattern thing, sorry but I can't remember where I got hold of this from.

The two postcards I have posted amongst all this are two of my new range of collages I am doing, inspiration struck after the Happy Chocolate Swap one I did.

100 things you may not know about me

  1. I was born 9th November 1951, no point in lying
  2. I am a Scorpio, I certainly am regarding being secretive
  3. I am a natural brunette, but spent some of my life as a crazy either hennaed or mahogney redhead, I am now blonde with caramel undertones [it hides the grey best]
  4. I am English but a paternal side that is heavily Irish, which comes out in my character at times
  5. I now consider myself a Goddess, not a crone and have accumulated the gravitas to be one
  6. But I still have a wonderful inner child that escapes on a occasion, but it keeps me young
  7. You could say I am a Jack of all Trades and master of none. I have done art college, for my artistic side and made theatrical costumes and I have done university and have an hons degree in History and English for my academic side. I have dabbled with all these facets of me
  8. I am 5.4ins in height, my daughter is 5.7ft and my son is 6.0ft- which means they can both pat my head.
  9. I am no longer the slim girl I once was, but not many of us are
  10. I have been told I have a butterfly mind - but it suits me its how I work
  11. My deepest wish is for us both to move to Cornwall because it is my soul place
  12. My children are the best things I have achieved in life
  13. I am an only child
  14. I have a vivid imagination - possibly because of No13
  15. I played the piano from the ages of 7 to14, I was thought to be quite good but my music teacher died and I gave up I wish I had a piano now
  16. I adore cats and need them in my life, although we are on a short break after Pixie's death at the moment
  17. My husband bought me a bodhran two years ago for my birthday and I love it. I can thump away on it on summer night's in the garden. I thump to my own beat
  18. I always wanted to be either a backing singer or a rock chick
  19. I sing loudly to my favourite music when alone
  20. I can work myself up too easily and can have flashes of hot temper if badly provoked
  21. People think I am a calm person I am a seething cauldron of emotions inside but can have a calm exterior
  22. I cannot swim
  23. I love spiders [remember we don't have poisonous ones over here]
  24. I am very open minded
  25. I believe the old adage 'there are more things in heaven and on earth etc' so you cannot say anything is impossible we just don't know how yet
  26. I don't believe man walked on the moon - don't be shocked by that
  27. I firmly believe in faeries
  28. I have a thing about hares, I adore them
  29. I love to sleep with the moonlight shining on my pillow and face, I never close the bedroom curtain
  30. I have too many books to count, I am a book addict
  31. The old music is the best you late 60's early 70's Joni, Van, Neil, Carole et al
  32. I have pierced ears and am an earring freak - always have a pair in
  33. I wear a pewter disc with a protection rune on it round my neck 24/7
  34. I love Chocolate and do not keep it in the house, I buy it when I really need it
  35. I try to live in harmony with the earth and believe in it as an entity
  36. Vanilla is my favourite smell for bath products and candles
  37. You can never have too many candles and insense cones
  38. Purple is my favourite colour but not in decor
  39. My two main rooms have white walls, the colour is in the adornments, but I have a bright yellow dining room and kitchen and I mean bright. Our bedroom is bluebell blue and very restful
  40. I could be called very 'new agey' but I would call it believing in old ways of doing things
  41. I know in a past life, I think it was puritan times I was hidden in a house with a vast oak door whilst soldiers were looking for us.
  42. My favourite semi-precious jewel is a moonstone and I have a beautiful ring and bracelet of these
  43. I hate bigots, warmongers and fat rich cats that cheat the poor
  44. I can be bossy when the mood takes me
  45. I will listen to any friends problems and be discreet
  46. Two places I would like to try living in South of France and Italy
  47. I need the sun January and February are bad months for me I need warmth and sun see No 46
  48. I use to think I could play the guitar - yes probably strum 3 chords
  49. Don't ever cross me or do me wrong - I warn you
  50. I always remember 'Revenge is a dish best served cold' and I can be revengeful if my family is ill done by
  51. I love goldfinches, crows and owls
  52. I love shawls and scarves and always wear them in winter and can't resist buying more
  53. Ditto beads and bracelets
  54. I love Little Grey Rabbit Books, she is my countrywoman heroine
  55. I could live as a Jane Austen character, as long as I was allowed a little giddiness
  56. My teenage film hero was Terence Stamp
  57. My teenage hot pop star was Brian Jones of the Stones, I cried when he died
  58. I remember what I was doing when John Lennon was shot
  59. I absolutely believe politics corrupts, you may not be that when you go into it but if you get anywhere you 99 per cent will be that at the end
  60. People tell me I don't look my age
  61. If I am ill and shivery I need the comfort of a hot water bottle and even my old teddy bear
  62. I talk back to the television when the news is on
  63. I have to live my life by writing lists of things to do and lists of lists
  64. I always have to sleep with the bedroom window open some way, unless it is a blizzard
  65. I was a mature student at University and I loved every minute of it
  66. You would not believe some of the things I got up to at art college
  67. I shook Princess Dianas hand although I was not supposed to be where I was
  68. I am not a monachist but I would rather have a Queen as a figurehead than a President, the way things are at the moment
  69. I hate sport of all kinds
  70. I love musical theatre
  71. I love fairytales and folklore
  72. My favourite painters are Matisse, Bonnard and O'Keeffe
  73. I would love to have the space to keep hens, I have looked after hens before
  74. I like to sit out on a warm night and spot the first star to appear in the sky
  75. I am going back to loving poetry again
  76. I used to make all my own clothes
  77. We once lived five years without a television. I didn't miss it
  78. I love The Archers on BBC radio
  79. If I have money to spend I can't pass a charity shop or a stationery shop
  80. I can be mean, I object to the price of books and buy them secondhand or from discount book shops
  81. I love wandering round art galleries
  82. I love visiting large public gardens - especially Kew in London
  83. I love long journeys by train or bus as long as they are not crowded
  84. I look back in awe at risky situations I have been in in my late teens and early twenties
  85. I used to smoke many many years ago gave it up when I wanted to get pregnant
  86. I believe in charms and spells
  87. I love to visit London, I love the buzz of the place
  88. But I am happy to return to my village
  89. Believe me villages are not always the quiet peaceful places they seem on the surface
  90. I hate people who are cruel to animals, I would put them in a cage and severley poke them
  91. I love to have fresh cut flowers in the house, they don't have to be exotic a bunch of daisies or tulips will do
  92. I had long hair most of my adult life, it barely touches my shoulders now but strangely enough that makes me look younger
  93. I have a cheesy streak within me that erupts now and again such as I love glitter
  94. When I learn a new word I tend to overuse it at first sort of like - word of the week
  95. I love crosswords to do on journeys but can't do cryptics
  96. I had a goldfish called Cleo as a child it lived for 19 years, also at one point had two white mice
  97. When we decided to get married we gave everyone three weeks notice, it was a small wedding, I am not into weddings, I didn't wear white and made my own outfit which was completed by a big natural straw hat
  98. I didn't want children right away, so we waited four years that enabled us to do our own thing.
  99. I believe I am a hedgewitch, which basically means using herbs for healing, planting by the moon and a belief in being fair to all things when they are fair to you and living in tune with mother earth
  100. I didn't think I would get here and succeed, Hurrah

    Well thats my 100 I doubt anyone will read it through to the end, you can just read a few each time you visit.

    Food Meme

    How do you like your eggs? Scrambled, not liquidy, not rubbery, just so

    How do you take your coffee/tea? I drink two cups of coffee with breakfast with semi-skimmed milk and one spoon of a product called 'half spoon'

    Favorite breakfast foods? I usually eat weetabix with semi-skimmed milk or Jordan's crunchy museil with natural yoghurt and a chopped up apple

    Peanut butter smooth or crunchy? - Has to be crunchy - but don't hardly ever buy it because I am addicted to it when it is in my house

    What kind of dressing on your salad? Honey and Mustard dressing

    Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi, but I don't hardly ever drink it prefer sparkling flavoured water

    You're feeling lazy. What do you make? Baked Potatoes with either grated cheese or tuna filling and salad

    You're feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? No where near to order a Pizza from, but theoretically Spicy Chicken

    You feel like cooking. What do you make? Hungarian Goulash with garlicked and buttered mashed potatoes

    Do any foods bring back good memories? My Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie, Egg and Bacon Pie and Coconut sponge flan. She was an excellent pastry maker and noone has bettered her LM pie, well actually one place a homemade portion at a lovely little quaint cafe in Falmouth Cornwall

    Do any foods bring back bad memories? Just the smell of school dinners

    Do any foods remind you of someone? Marshmallows and coke - together that is reminds me of my hippy dippy days and friends of that time

    Is there a food you refuse to eat? I'll try just about anything except sheeps eyeballs or live grubs

    What was your favorite food as a child? Fried Bread with two rashers of bacon on top and a fried egg.- Disgusting now Christmas Goose

    Is there a food that you hated as a child but now love? Loads but especially parsnips, love them roasted with honey

    Is there a food that you loved as a child but now hate? Sorry about this fried luncheon meat. yuck!!!!

    Favorite fruit & vegetable? Bananas and mangos and carrots and parsnips

    Favorite junk food? CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE

    Favorite between meal snack? Banana

    Do you have any weird food habits? The Irish in my genes comes out when I say you can sit me down to a plate of potatoes and cabbage and bacon fried together with plenty of pepper any time. I love apple and cheese sandwiches

    You're on a diet. What food(s) do fill up on? A mound of vegetables with lots of herbs and pepper

    You're off your diet. Chocolate

    How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? Mediuim

    What would you like to drink? Wine or Martini

    Red wine or white? Red, white or rose, any pleases me as long as its wine

    We only have beer. Cider - no? Hate beer

    Favorite dessert? Death by Chocolate Cake, Cheesecake, Lemon Meringue Pie I could go on and on.........

    The perfect nightcap? Green & Blacks organic hot chocolate or this one is mad but it works for me freshly perked coffee with a slug of Irish NOT Scots whiskey

    I just stumbled across this somewhere or other and thought I would try it. I just could not decide between these two photos so in the end I thought have a look at both, and guess what? If you read them both that really is me, that is pretty amazing.

    Your Brain's Pattern

    Your brain is always looking for the connections in life.
    You always amaze your friends by figuring out things first.
    You're also good at connecting people - and often play match maker.
    You see the world in fluid, flexible terms. Nothing is black or white.


    Your Brain's Pattern

    You have a dreamy mind, full of fancy and fantasy.
    You have the ability to stay forever entertained with your thoughts.
    People may say you're hard to read, but that's because you're so internally focused.
    But when you do share what you're thinking, people are impressed with your imagination.


    I hope there are not too many typos in the long list above, the spell checker is playing up and I am too tired to think straight and need to go to bed after all that.It's now Saturday morning!


a>

20 comments:

Lisa said...

Finally! Someone else in this world who like cheese and apple sandwiches. I like apples on my grilled cheese. yummy.

I enjoyed your list a lot. I learned many things I didn't know about you! The postcards are wonderful and really creative. I haven't seen any just like them. They're really beautiful.

One Crabapple said...

Please forgive me, I confess , I did not finish the whole entry - it is late at work and I dont' have my glasses with me !

But I did enjoy this and smiled here and there thru your list of 100 things and then the information that followed

Miss Daisy ! I have to say I do love the collages. In particular that first piece you have at the top of your entry. It is a delight !

Love, S.

gma said...

Daisy...I read the whole list and what is so amazing is that we are very similar. Here we are living on the other side of the world from each other and yet we have such similar beliefs, likes and dislikes...I'll try to do my 100 soon.
;)

Rosa said...

Absolutely fascinating to read! We'd hit it off right away. No I wouldn't cross you. I'm a Scorpio too, and I know what would happen!! I truly enjoyed reading your 100. Thanks for sharing.

Miss Robyn said...

I read all of the 100 - I must say - we are twins.
will come back to read the other memes
*love the picture of the beetle girl ;)

natural attrill said...

What a great idea, 100 things about yourself! You are the same age as my husband, he was born in 1951 as well.
There are many things that we have in common, but then I suppose lots of people do, and also thats probably why I am visiting your blog!
Penny.

Janet said...

I, too, read the entire list and enjoyed every bit of it. I had to chuckle about the revenge thing. Both my kids are Scorpio and they are the same way! Thanks for sharing these parts of yourself and letting us get to know you a little better.

Annie Jeffries said...

Hah. We have so much in common Daisy. It must be a Scorpio thing. I was born on November 18, 1947.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

It is just so amazing...I read the entire list....I have to say reading the various lists created by some, including mine, how incredibly the same we all are. We learn so much about one another in just a few moments of reading....saying "me too" a long the way.
Your postcards are absolutely adorable!

Carole Burant said...

I read every single word of your post and thoroughly enjoyed it!! Only took me 3 hours...lol just teasing! I loved learning so much more about you...I'll have to do such a list soon! Also enjoyed the food meme and will try the brain pattern test in a minute. Loved your collage postcards as well!! Hugs xox

Anonymous said...

Loved your 100 things. Reda the whole post. Loved it all.

Rowan said...

I read all through your 100 things and kept saying 'me too' - not to everything but a good proportion. I did the brain pattern thing and picked the second of the two you picked. It's absolutely true as well - I can disappear into a world of my own inside my head. Fortunately I'm a Virgo so there's enough practicality in me to keep the wheels of real life runnimg pretty smoothly!

Tea said...

Well pleased to meet you Daisy!! :)
I`d like to do this but wouldn`t know where to begin. We have many things in common though for sure.
Moonstones and saphires are my favorite. Love your postcards.

tea
xo

Naturegirl said...

I absolutely love the art work featured in this post from a blond chick who really should be in a rock band called "Butterflies" entertaining a group of fairies sitting on chocolate pedals by the light of the moon that the cow jumped over!
Daisy come on over and tour around the globe looking at "autumns flame" join in!See my post Maria organized it!

Anonymous said...

I love your collages as well. I also did see several of the things you listed about yourself that I share with you.

Maybe someday I will take the time & get the courage up to list 100 things about myself too.

Beth said...

I sure enjoyed learning more about you Delightful Daisy!! I am going to try that 100 things about me list,,hope I can come up with 100 things,,lol. I tried to post pics of my Fair Adventures but blogger wasn't being nice to me today. So guess I will have to wait.

KaiBlue said...

You have the same birthday as my mum!!
So, we move to Cornwall and make Strawberry Jam and Cheese butties while wearing Jane Austins clothes..lol..
Peace, Kai.

Everydaythings said...

oh I relly relly enjoyed your 100m things...how interesting!!! I doubt if I could think of 40 things...if that many at all.

Gretel said...

That was really interesting, I enjoyed that! :)

Tinker said...

I don't know how I missed this the first time around - I came back through to look for the photo you mentioned of your daughter and had to read this - read every bit all in one sitting. I enjoyed learning more about you. Now, even though I've never had one before, I'm thinking about apple & cheese sandwiches. Do you put any sort of spread on it? Or just the apples and cheese...do you melt the cheese? I love melted cheese on apple pie, so that sounds somewhat appealing to me.
Thanks!