Wednesday, September 27, 2006



I would like to introduce you all to this little creature opposite, it is about three inches tall. This is a Dasiy Fae Podling. I will tell you the tale about Podlings as the faeries told it to me.

We are going back into the past, back so far that time itself has forgotten that this point in time ever existed. We are on planet Earth, but an Earth so different to anything you could ever imagine. In fact our minds could not comprehend the beauty and wonders of this Earth. It is an Earth that has never been recorded by bone diggers, dinosaur hunters or even geologists. An Earth so different that we have neither the words that would describe it or the images or vibrant colours to visualise it by painting. It is peopled by beings that we also have not the ability to describe, beings that bear no resemblence to anything we have ever heard of or would contemplate. It is a time just before the faeries first were here and in shimmering glimmering recesses all over the planet the podlings rest. In the whole history of time there has only ever been one settling of podlings and there will never be any more, although there are enough to last until eternity.

Podlings are baby faeries. Faeries cannot give birth and have no tummy buttons. Faeries come from the podlings. Podlings are in a state of longterm sleep that can last for millenia, then one day there is the most wonderful harmonious sound, such as human ears would not know what words to use for what they had heard. Then a slow dry cracking and a young faery emerges from the pod.



If you are lucky enough to be given or presented with a podling, there are certain things you must do. You must keep it in a bright friendly place, and send it many happy thoughts, because they are what keep them alive. If you treat your podling well your happy thoughts and wishes may penetrate its deep sleep in the form of dreams and the podlings may send many happinesses and gifts your way. I doubt many of us will be lucky enough to see the faery emerge from the podling as we humans do not have a long enough life span. So just remember, if you have the chance to own or come across a podling please treat it well and remember its ancient heritage



This is the second time I have tried to write about podlings, would you believe the first version that I really liked the way I described them disappeared into cyberspace. Ah the cosmic joker must be about. I have to admit the photo doesnot do the little podling any favours, she is much more shiny and glittery than the photo shows.



I have taken this tag from Tinker, I might not tag anyone at the end, because I realise we are all in a tagging frenzy at the moment. All I am going to say is feel free to do it on your site if you wish. it is an interesting tag

1. Are you happy/satisfied with your blogs content and look?
No, not really I have found some interesting paintings that I often use to illustrate my blog, but I would like to personalise it a lot more, but blogger can be awkward and I would hate to lose it all, plus I am not the greatest at the techie side of blogging.

2.Does your family know about your blog?
Yes. they all do, they don't bother with it though, only my daughter reads every posting and continually says 'oh mum that's so you' She knows me better than I know myself sometimes. The rest of my family just think its a typically hippy dippy Daisy thing to do.

3. Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
My close friends know about it, but I don't go round the village shouting 'Hey everybody I've got a blog' and I probably wouldn't mention it in the village or they would take it over looking for mentions of themselves. If someone sussed it was me I would try to deny it purely for the sake of peace, but I don't go looking for trouble. If it was private I would make it private, because you can on blogger, so only yourself, or yourself and family can see it. No, its public, but not locally public, I like communicating with people.

4.Did blogging cause any positive changes in your thoughts?
Yes I used to scoff at blogs, but after a few weeks of reading a few, thought I would have a go. I have found a lot of like minded women who are very similar to me and I communicate with them a lot, I have also found just basically nice people who I occasionally communicate with. I have also found one or two disagreeable people and narrow minded people, the less said the better.

5. Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you love to go discover more by yourself?
Oh I have my regular blogging friends, but I do tootle around in cyberspace and am not adverse to going on commenting on people's blogs whom I don't know if I think we have things in common, after all thats how you make friends. I do believe that if people comment on your blog it is polite under most circumstances to return to theirs and comment. That is part of my blogging etiquette. If I visit I try to comment unless I am in a hurry, but then I will probably return later. I will probably miss out on a posting with over twenty comments and tack onto a posting with less, just because I think I must be too late to comment.

6.What does a visitor counter mean to you? Do you like having one on your blog?
Not really bothered overmuch, when I was new to blogging I was a bit obsessional about it.

7. Do you try to imagine your fellow bloggers or give them real pictures?
Well some are brave enough to put up photos, so I know what they look like. I take a very bad photo and look either a prison inmate or totally dotty, I am terrible about relaxing for the camera. If I ever had a good photo taken I would probably post it or would I? I tend to imagine people younger than they really are, probably because althought I am 54 I still think I am mid thirties, early twenties on a silly day
.
8. Admit it. Do you feel like there is a real benefit to blogging?
Oh yes, blogging has brought me back from 50% creativity upto my early twenties standard of 100%. I have even started drawing again. I am also meeting and communicating from people from all around the world which keeps me broad minded and open minded which is just so important.

9. Do you think that blogger society is isolated from the real world or interaction with events?
Not really we talk about what is happening in the world, we recommend each other books etc and we send each other items. I would happily invite a blogging friend to visit if they were journeying anywhere near to me. [Don't knock each other over in the rush lol!]

10. Does criticism annoy you or do you think it's normal?
I don't really like criticism, put it this way its my blog I will say what I want to state any beliefs I have so don't bother with the criticism honey, the time to criticise me is if I come blundering over to your blog, and make outrageous comments of a rascist, sexist or any other type of disagreeable nature, including suggestions of craziness or ramming of religious beliefs down your throat.

11.Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
I do not fear political blogs, I don't really visit them but I am not adverse to making a very political comment on my own blog if I feel upset about something, and I have made such comments in the past.

12. Were you shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
I can't find out anything about this, did it happen in the USA? Can anyone tell me? There is nothing over here in the news about it that I have seen. I would be shocked because I believe in free speech.

13.What do you think will happen to your blog after you die?
I would like to think if a someone stumbles across it at some point in cyberspace, maybe in the far future, they might think I was typical of people at that time, lol! Imagine what a made history that would make if they thought everyone had my beliefs and ideas. Alternatively, I would like a great grandchild to say something like oh great grandmother must have been hoot, she is so weird.

14. What song do you like to hear? What song would you like to link to your blog?
Very difficult, at the moment I am doing my creative stuff to Van Morrison's early stuff so I would probably choose 'Madam George' or 'Tupelo Honey'

15. The next victims?
See what I said before I started, but Robyn, you might be interested in doing this as your have been blogging for a long time. How about it?

Don’t forget to join in Daisy Lupins’
Halloween Ghost Story Posting
Post a ghost story, something strange that happened
To you or a tale you want to tell
On 31st October, or as near to before as possible.
Let's have a Giant Story Circle



23 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

gee - thanks, (I think) - i want a podling! can one come to me? how do I get one?

Miss Robyn said...

ooh I promise to look after mine - cause I lived with the faeries once - I just wish I could find out where. I am sure it must have been in the UK, what do you think daisy?

Miss Robyn said...

I am not sure if I was a faery folk or a human living amongst them.

Miss Robyn said...

done, ms*daisy!

Anonymous said...

Daisy Fae podling is beautiful.Does she have siblings, and can they be adopted..? If anyone can get a podling to hatch,it will be Robyn..!

I had a post disappear tonight too..Google said 'try later'..oh yeh ! the rewrite is never as satisfying is it.

Carole Burant said...

Now I want a podling too...I love the story behind it and seeing the little face just makes you want to take such good care of it! I love faeries but it's the first time I hear of the podling...love it!! Loved your meme answers too...I read Robyn's and she also did great on it!! Hugs xox

gma said...

Nope we don't wonder what Robyn looks like...there's 4 pictures of her right here. TeeHee!
I'm excited about the Halloween stories..... OOOOO

tlchang said...

Love the Podling picture and write-up. Of *course* that is where fairies come from! Thanks for sharing.

Rowan said...

Thanks for the info on the paintings in your last post Daisy, two more really beautiful pictures today as well. I love the story about the podlings - I hope I have one tucked away in my garden somewhere - under the care of the elder tree perhaps?

Dot said...

I love the photo of the fairy podling and the story of the fairy podling. Am sure there are a few here in my garden in Australia! Probably hiding from my rather nosy,big and boofy cat :)

Tinker said...

Oh the podling is darling!!! Is there a way to adopt a podling?

I'm so glad you decided to do the meme - I like your answer about a great grandchild finding your blog and thinking what a hoot you were - me, too!

Naturegirl said...

I adore your podlings story..you remind me of how "SPECIAL" my fairies are!Robyn does that too for me.Your point #8..I feel the same.Oh I just noticed "miss r" has taken over the comment section..tee hee!

Lisa said...

Daisy, that sweet little podling is so gorgeous! I love it! And the story...perfect.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

How perfectly wonderful...I had not heard of these podlings you speak of...but now I am quite enchanted. Would you mind if I had a go at making a podling too? (just for the sake of it?)

blog is being a real pain in the bum today!!!!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love your blog. And your answers are great on this meme. I am learning alot from you and Miss R, and everyday I am looking forward to read and learn and do research. Thanks for blogging.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

What a silly duck I am thinking at first you read this somewhere when in fact it came from first hand knowledge. I don't know what I was thinking....the only way I'd touch a podling is when I buy it from you. Adopt a podling, what a grand idea!!
Can't wait to see more!
XOXO

natural attrill said...

I had never heard of a podling before, what a lovely little creature you have there.
Penny.

VintagePretty said...

I love Daisy Fae! She's such a pretty little thing. Good idea about the Halloween story circle - I'll try to think up something to put on my blog - I have an idea already :)

MariaJ said...

Ooooh your podling is such a sweetie and the story coulnt be any better. I dont have to go to the library any more cause I've found here an excellent story teller. Love it!

Beth said...

Your so creative and kind write such interesting storys. And I want a podling too! I love Fairys,,I still want you to do a page in my Fairy book. I will e-mail you about the details.

J C said...

OK Mz Daisy, you KNOW you now have to make lots of podlings and adopt them out. I will buy one and I see a hundred other people here will too. Can you get your time together and mass produce? Perhaps you think we are all joking but NOPE! We want podlings! Remember, Christmas is near.

Tea said...

I love your podling story! I`ve never known about podlings although I love fairies.
And I enjoyed reading your meme answers. I don`t think any of us really get older inside and that`s why we all seem so much younger. Never understood that fact when I was young and would here my Mum say she feels like she`s only 30 or so. Now I do :)

tea
xo

Janet said...

The podling is adorable, and I love how you tell about it.

Enjoyed all the answers you gave about your blog. And I'm trying to come up with something for Halloween Ghost Story day.