Sunday, June 11, 2006


This is what I was busy doing yesterday morning, and I am so excited about it. I made my first two ATC cards, I know they are not brilliant but I am really pleased with them and now my mind is buzzing with many other ideas for more ATCs and other collage projects. I had to make these cards out of materials that I had in my craft set of drawers [but believe me I am such a hoarder there were plenty pieces of old wrapping paper, ribbons, scraps, and used greetings cards there!]. Now,I probably will need to invest in some better scissors, that have good points, and maybe some papers and perhaps some magazines to see what other people are doing and to learn different methods of doing these crafts. I just love messing around with crafts and this winter am hoping to get back to doing patchwork, which I used to love doing and perhaps making some bags and other things. In the meantime I am going to make collage and altered things my summer project, for days when I am not in the garden. If anyone out there has any advice or recommendations of good magazines that write about these subjects, I will be happy to hear from them.

I was reading a blog today, 'Little Sips of Tea', that had posted about the inspiration other bloggers can give you, and for the short time I have been posting I find that this is so true. One blog inspired me to get last autumn's apples out of the freezer and make an apple and almond crumble for pudding and Naturegirl left a comment recommending a book which I might like. I think we all can enrich each others lives in the good times and the bad times, and I know there are some bloggers at the moment going through some bad times, that I hope will get better soon.

My garden is looking better with each day, and today I have found two beautiful pale ice blue irises have just bloomed, they are sensational. I am taking a film to be developed tomorrow so hopefully by the end of the month I should have some photos to post showing how my summer blooms are coming along.

Just a short posting today, as the computer has been misbehaving the past two weeks, and is waiting to be checked out, so if I disappear for a day or two, it means something in the computer is having to be fixed, but don't worry I will be back, but maybe the problem is not as bad as I think, I am not very good with computer hardware maintenance.

8 comments:

VintagePretty said...

I love the cards, they're great! Well done!

Annie Jeffries said...

Good morning Daisy. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier and your comments about LOST. I think this week's LOST Wednesday comments will be a small collection of what others are thinking. What am I thinking??? Lord knows, I'm a bit literal and await the logical explanation but how boring and disappointing that would be. More on Wednesday.

Love your site and look forward to many visits between us. Be sure to check out your countryman, Jeremy, at Peak-o-matic.

All the best. Annie

vicci said...

Daisy....Thanks so much for visiting my blog....I just finished reading yours...and I love it! I'm adding it to my favorites list! I love the atc and the collage...I also love the photos of the cat...well just everything! I'll be visiting often...if you would like to do a personal atc trade just leave a comment on my blog and we can arrange something....have fun creating.....Hugs, Vicci

Beth said...

Hi Daisy, I am friends with Annie and Vicci. I do ATCs and also a flower fanatic,,lol. I would recommend any of the Somerset magazines for inspiration. I just bought the Somerset gallery and it has alot of ATCs in it. Also joining ATC groups in yahoo, lots of wonderful friends and lots of helpful advice. I also would love to trade ATCs too. You can post in my blog to let me know if you would like to trade.

vicci said...

Hi Daisy....My e-mail address is:
vican100@hotmail.com
Please e-mail me there...and I will send you my address and you can send me yours....I would love to trade...and I realize it is your first time...that makes it all the more fun! I'm looking forward to it! Vicci

Tinker said...

I love your ATC's - are these really the first 2 you've done? They're very good!
I'm going to have to come back and look some more at your lovely site.
Thanks for stopping by & visiting me.

Deb said...

Hi Daisy!
I'm a friend and art buddy of Annie and Vicci. Your first ATC's are very good... you have an eye for design! Love all of your photos of your garden, etc... especially the cat!!! Deb

Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh Daisy I didn't know that you also do Collages! That's fab! The ATC's are looking great! Yeah I understand that you feel excited about it, because I always do too! I love doing collages, I've done a whole book full of it last winter (an altered garden book) and many single collages and I've also posted them on my blog.It's so addicting to gather collage stuff, I've had to make me a little studio upstairs now because I've made my living room a real mess with all the stuff lol My sis just came back from the USA and brought me a lot of new papers and brads and stuff, I'm just waiting for bad weather now to start crafting again. It's so true what you've said about inspirational blogs! Have you ever been to Pam Garrisons blog for example (the links is in my sidebar) very inspirational I can tell you!