Tuesday, June 20, 2006


If you remember yesterday I was talking about the two sets of ATC's I made at the weekend. Here is the set that are not part of a swop. It is a three of three, and is about three ages in a woman's life. The first card is really about childhood, and hopefully carefree days as a beloved and innocent child, when the whole day, never mind your whole life, stretches out in front of you and everything is a discovery. The sun always seemed to be shining and casting a golden glow over everything. A walk through a field of long grass was a trip through the jungle, from climbing a tree you could see the world, you could have adventures in different lands and be back in time for tea. Play with the fairies, talk to the animals, keep caterpillars in a jar, fish for minnows, have your own small garden patch full of virginia stock, calendulas and nasturiums.

The second card is about being a maiden, dewfresh, maybe an ugly duckling that has become a swan. Your school days are over and you take your first tentative steps out into the world either to college, university, or into a job. You are having fun, going out with friends, meeting your first love, thinking the world is your oyster and nothing is insurmountable. Life is waiting for you to take it with both hands and live. You want to experience everything, to make your mistakes and make things right again. A time to experience far off lands, to try different looks to wear crazy fashions, a time to take risks without worrying about your commitments. This is the time you will reminisce about with your friends in later years, laughing gently, at the mad things you said and did, your silly hairstyles and wild clothes.

The Goddess, is the third card, your later mature life, if you had children, they have left the nest, you now have a world of experience behind you. The time is right for you to reflect, making more time for yourself, a time to feed your soul with beauty that matters to you, creating objects, through paint,or fabric or paper perhaps, making music, reading poetry, enjoying a garden. You can be confident in your little quirks, hang crystals, have a meditation space, know your herblore and fragrance your home with incense and candles. I called this, the time of the Goddess, because we hopefully have survived most of what life has thrown at us. It is a nicer word than middle-aged.

I hope you have enjoyed the meaning of my cards. I don't expect every set of cards to have such a deep meaning I just felt as though it was important to me to make a trio concerning different stages of a woman's life. I know there are other stages I could have added, such as mother etc but I can always do another woman type theme another time.

Its the Summer Solstice tomorrow, the longest day already, I hope the weather is better for it than it is today, very cool, with fresh winds and heavy rain. The heart of summer already, then its midsummers eve on Saturday, so don't forget its fairy day [see previous post].

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Daisy - you have a lovely blog! I discovered yours through Ms. Robyn's blog. I look forward to reading more! :)

Miss Robyn said...

Daisy - this is an absolutely magnificent post. I love it! I guess I am a goddess - the third stage, although sometimes I feel like a crone :)..but I am trying to be child like as well - carefree days of an innocent child.
thankyou, thankyou, thankyou - oh and the cards are beautiful xoxo