Wednesday, October 25, 2006




Yesterday I had a lovely day, what I call a 'stolen day', thats a day when you please no one but yourself in what you do and by the end of it you should feel blissfully peacefully and have a smile on your face. It's sort of like a day out of time.

I started by finishing off eight podlings in various stages of making. So that's eight ready to go up on sale, I have got behind with my making schedule due to the comings and goings and sorting out of matters concerning my Mother. Now I must get busy and finish the five Daisy Fae's who are literally hanging around my workroom awaiting completion. I also have numerous other projects to get to grips with.

By lunch times the sun was shining and I decided that today was just the sort of day that would be beneficial to the planting of the seeds the delightful Tara, from Silver Apples of the Moon had sent me, as one of my Secret Fairies. The sun shone on them as I platned them and the moon has begun to wax again, and hopefully will shine on them at night. I always try to plant my precious seeds with the waxing of the moon. I made a lovely sandwich for lunch, started off a hearty winter casserole for dinner, that night, now is just the t ime when soups and casseroles become craved food again, then returned to my artroom.



I finished the final two of the four, 4x4 pages I am doing as a swap. With these collages I sometimes put words in them and sometimes not. Today, these funny little sentences kept coming into my head as I was making these cards. So I went with it, maybe I just have a bizarre sense of humour, but I was giggling away at these two cards as I made them. I think there is some sort of old saying concerning a fool and something about laughing at his own jokes. That must be me. Anyways, I have uploaded both these cards above so see what you think. The one above right is my favourite it is called Somedays Daphne found her wings too heavy to bear and the one on the left is Lavinia stole the show with her unusual hat decoration.


I ended my day with my lovely hearty liver, onion and vegetable casserole, which if done long and slow has the most thick delicious gravy of any casserole, and then sat in my candlelit room with insense, my book and a lovely glass of red wine. Plenty of iron for my body today.

I think we all have to be wary at the moment and tread carefully, there are two reasons for this. The first is the usual reason at this time of year, from September to Samhain/Halloween, the thinning of the veil between worlds, a time when more people are more likely to see or be aware of spirits. Do you know that is how 'trick or treat?' started? I think, correct me if anyone knows different, that an ancient race, the Greeks, I believe, used to put food and drink outside their homes at this time of year to feed wandering spirits so they would not come into the house looking for nourishment. The second reason is that Mercury is in retrograde again, this started at the weekend and ends on the 24th November. That's the last one for this year, the next is in February 2007. So bear all this in mind if things become chaotic and carry some appropriate deflectors, such as crystals and herbs, around with you.



I am writing this on Wednesday morning and have just been interrupted by the mailman, with a packet from USA. Its my ATC fave movie swap from Judi, of the GPS. What an absolute sweetie you are Judi, not only are there my cards but a plethora of unexpected goodies wrapped up in such cute material printed with ladybirds. I have managed to cram them on the scanner as they are flat items so we can have an instant photograph of them and not have to wait for camera film developing. I feel quite overwhelmed with the goodies. Thank you so much. Also have scanned the ATC's which managed to hit the nail on the head as they are all fave movies of mine. TheWizard of Oz from Pam Aries, my all time favourite film, The Lord of the Rings from Katespin, with two of my favourite men pictured on it yummuy, Chocolat, from Lisa, Groggy Froggy, another film with a lovely piece of eye candy in it and The Dead Poets Society from Abbey with a thought provoking quote on it :-

'We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.... What will your verse be?' John Keating



The night of the Giant Story Telling Circle moves ever nearer I hope you all have a good scary story ready.

I want to be too frightened to be in a room alone and to lie in bed listening for strange noises in the house wondering what they are, to hear the wind blowing through the branches of the trees outside and wonder if I can hear a scratching at the window. Truth or fiction, it really doesn't matter which, as long as it gives us the heebie jeebies! That's what a good ghost story should do, so we keep reliving little snippets of it in our mind over the next few days. What's that noise on the stairs?


I have had an idea to let us all enjoy it in a more leisurely fashion. This is what I thought and I would like to know your opinions. I thought I would start a temporary blog called 'Daisy Lupin's Halloween Story Telling Circle', put all the stories together on it and keep it up until the end of November. Then just delete the whole thing. It occured to me that it might be nice if a good few people participate, and I really hope they do, that we could then take our time reading the stories over coffee etc, and they would all be collated in the same place. Yes, they would be on individual blogs but for one month they would be together on the temporary blog. Please let me know if you like the idea, if you are participating and you definitely don't want to be put on this blog just let me know. I just thought it was a really close way we could all share Halloween together.


Don’t forget to join in Daisy Lupins’
Halloween Ghost Story Posting
Post a ghost story, something strange that happened
To you or a tale you want to tell
On 31st October, or as near to before
As possible.
Let’s have a Giant Story Circle




Have some fun
Coming soon in early November
Daisy Lupin’s stream of consciousness game
Pick one of the words or phrases
Let it take you where it will, Go with it,
See where you end up, then post it on your site.
Come on, join in, let’s ramble




21 comments:

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love the two collages but Lavinia was my kind of thought. And all of those beautiful gifts you received, I enjoyed how Chocolat was put together. Is your Mother doing better? I am glad you had "your stolen day" now, I am scrolling down and look to see if the dinner recipe (the liver casserole)has been posted before if not, Would you mind to email it or post it for me? Thank you.

natural attrill said...

Oh you make me feel hungry, liver casserole sounds delicious. I never cook that at home as Laurence and Toby dont like offal and I cant be bothered to make a separate meal just for me. My Mum used to cook alot of 'old fashioned' dishes, like stuffed heart, thats nice too. Anyway, i hope you enjoyed yours!
Penny.

Unknown said...

I relate. A lady I have a date with later in the week has customer deadlines and rather than have her stressing out while we took n a movie, I told her to stay with the work and get it done. She felt better and your post reminded me of that. Hey, I've likned your site! Have a gfood week!

Anonymous said...

Love your 2 new collages. Poor Daphne and the burden of her wings made me laugh!I love it when people laugh at their own jokes, it adds to my amusement. You are putting your new art room to good use obviously. I think your information re the ancient Greeks is right, as most cultures have variations on that. Also that is supposed to be why the tradition of wearing masks and disguises began,so people would not be recognized by the spirits. I love this stuff!Your idea for a temporary blog for stories is a good one, and I hope it happens.

KaiBlue said...

The cards are beautiful..
Judi is naughty..
Im hungry..I MISS british food and cant wait to ge thome in March...
I adore the idea of a stolen day.
and Im glad you still write english!! lol :)
PEace, Kai.

Carole Burant said...

Glad you finally had a day where you did just what YOU wanted to do:-) God knows, we all need some of those days once in a while!! Sounds like you had a productive day and what a yummy meal you made yourself too! Gosh I haven't had liver in ages! You also received a lovely parcel in the mail...that always lifts the spirits:-)Hugs xox

Patry Francis said...

Love your ghost story idea! I'm going to try to do it.

tlchang said...

Your 'stolen' day sounded so lovely. Art and packages and good food and time outside - what could be better? I enjoyed it vicariously very much - and am glad you were able to get your seeds in.

I also think your idea of a separate story blog is a terrific one.

Annabelle said...

Stolen hours of good things always taste so much more scrumptiously delicious! The ghost story sounds a lot fun especially having a provisional story blog; I like the idea.
My daughter’s birthday and my son’s soccer is tomorrow so I'll be busy with that but I’ll try to get creative before the 31st.

Annabelle = ^.. ^ = xo

gma said...

Daisy
Daphne and Lavinia are such lovely ladies....isn't it awesome stealing a day for yourself once in awhile? A seperate blog for our Halloween stories sounds like a plan....looking forward to it!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Oh your collages are so lovely, aren't they a couple of fetching gals! I am so glad you were able to steal a day for yourself, it's so necessary. It really sounded like a perfect day.
I hope everything is getting sorted with your mom, hopefully soon she can get settled in to a place and a way of life that will benefit her. (and you as well).
XOXO

Gretel said...

This is spooky, we had liver and bacon casserole last night (Wed) with greens and mash...
I have someting to write for the Hallowe'en story circle and would love to put it on a seperate blog. :)

Janet said...

You had quite a busy day! The ATC's are cool....I like them both, and then all those goodies just arriving in the mail.

I like the idea of the special blog for the stories. Sounds good to me.

Heather said...

Love these ATCs!! Also, I was wondering are you going to post a list of who has written their Halloween story?

J C said...

Daisy, your casserole sounds yummy. My stepfather had a Scottish mother, and he had her recipe for beef and kidney stew. When I was a kid, I LOVED it. We always had it served over mashed potatoes. Well now I don't eat beef any more (I object to the way cows are slaughtered) and I wouldn't know how to prepare a kidney anyway. But growing up it was a yummy winter warmer!

I want to participate in your halloween blog, but how would we post on it? Can you copy and paste from our own?

Rosa said...

Great idea about the temporary Halloween blog!! I'm in! xoxo

Naturegirl said...

Delightful images on this post Daisy!Your little package has so many of my favorites..kitty ducks watercans teddy bear roses lady bugs.OH OH OH!!!
You lucky gal!

Tinker said...

Oh what spooky good fun, Daisy - I'm in!
Glad you had a day to spoil yourself!
Love the ATC's.

Tea said...

What a wonderful day you`ve had! I need one of these. I love your collages and my favorite is also "Somedays Daphne found her wings too heavy to bear" LOL...it`s great!
Looking forward to reading the ghost stories. I don`t have a scary one but I love reading them.

tea
xo

Beth said...

What a great post Darling Daisy!! And wow at the chunky book pages! I love Lavinia,,and I really love your humor!
Isn't it awesome to get such great goodies in the mail? I got my "bottle of goodies" from Vicci yesterday and it was amazing. I love the idea of the Scary stories blog! I have some good ones to post. First and foremost will the the story of the our famous "Bell Witch"
Hope you had a fab friday!

Lisa said...

I love the collages and, like everyone else, I'm especially fond of Daphne and her burdensome wings. :) Just reading about your stolen day made me feel all warm and cozy inside. I felt relaxed and settled. Thank you for sharing with us the way you do. I'm so tickled that you got one of my atcs and that I got one of yours. :)