Friday, October 27, 2006


Halloween draws ever nearer and I have been busy. I have created a temporary site for the Ghost Story Circle, which will exist for one month before it disappears behind the veil never to be seen again, as in all good stories. If you look at my profile page you should find the other site listed Or try this http://daisyshalloweenstorycircle.blogspot.com/ At the moment it only advertises what is coming soon to the site. I have experimented and found that I can cut and paste from sites and put them on the Halloween site, not sure if illustrations as well as text will do this, but the text works perfectly. I have plenty of images, if needs, be to dot around the site. Each story will be like an individual posting and credited to the site and person it came from. This means that everyone will have their own comments section underneath their story. People can make an individual comment, or scroll down to the 'Explanation posting' which I will put there, to make a general comment about the whole site. As well as this I will put a list of participants on my own site, so everyone knows who is on the other site. Phew, hope that all makes sense, let me know if it does not.

I would say you can start putting up your stories on your own sites anytime now before we all are actually too busy celebrating to write our tales down. Just let me know when you have them posted and I will go into action faster than a motorised broomstick. This is going to be such fun!



I have had two more parcels from Secret Fairies, they are so busy, I am surprised they don't get their wings in a knot. The birds that deliver them are all in a dither with their ruffled wet feathers, as the past two mornings have seen torrential rain. They rap at the door with their beaks, place the parcel on the steps and by the time you have opened the door are whirling around in the sky above being buffeted by the wind and making a terrible cacophony.

Yesterday my secret fairy had been busy in Cyprus and her birds delivered a lovely package of goodies, which although we have never met were me to a T. Autumnal blessed incense, a magical necklace that I suspect my SF made, a notebook with a renoir cover, you know me and notebooks, you can never have enough, some lovely bookplates and some beautiful peace postcards with her artwork on. How blissful, stationery, incense, quirky jewellery many of my favourite things. Much cupcakes and fairydust to you Lady Maya of the Island xx.

Then I had just started writing this posting and there was a knock at the door. A small lumpy brown parcel is lying on my step as the birds fly away quickly to get back home away from the rain and the wind. Now this parcel was from a very secret fairy, but seeing the birds were rooks I do wonder if they had flown up from a rookery in Oxfordshire? I will have to investigate. Unfortunately attached to the front was an envelope containing a lovely postcard that was sodden and slightly torn with the rain, although I am rectifying that. I carefully openend the parcel to find a very old small brown chest about 2.5 x 4.5 inches, that had obviously had an interesting life as it showed wear and tear.

Did I dare open, what could be inside? Slowly I take a peek inside, ohh! it is lined with red tissue paper and a little pink sugar mouse stares up at me, he is lying in a bed of cherry lips and parma violets, oh I had forgotten such blissful sweets existed, with some shiney hearts and a lovely glass button and a couple of vintage marbles. Tied to sprigs of lavender is a tiny scroll which when I open has this message on it a little fairy treasure for dear Daisy Lupin from SOSF in teeny weeny spidery writing. The Secret Fairies are so clever, how do they know that my favourite childhood christmas stocking filler was a sugar mouse, which I use to keep and keep and keep until it was nearly time for the next Christmas. Thank you Secret Fairy, what an unexpected joy.


I have managed to scan Lady Maya of the Island's [as I like to call her] parcel and the other Secret Fairy parcel I received from Tara of the Misty Mountains [ I hope that suits where she lives] but I have also photographs to show eventually. The lovely little chest will have to wait to be photographed but I have scanned 'Pinky Sniffs', as the mouse is now called and a selection of the sweets and the scroll. When I photograph it properly I will have to replace the sweets as they are being nibbled at by Pinky and I as I write.



You can see the lovely things, opposite that I received from my Secret Fairy of the Misty Mountains. The pressed leaves, Halloween cards and stickers, the seeds which I planted in my garden, the note book and hiding underneath a sweet little organza bag with Halloween magnets which are going on my fridge with the rest of my magnets. I found it really exciting to get a Halloween card as no one really bothers sending Halloween cards over here, but I have decided next year I am going to make my own and send them to people dear to me. I will have my very own English style Halloween.

I have been wanting to go out and collect some falling leaves, chestnuts and acorns for Halloween but the weather has been so dreadful this week with the rain and the wind. The wind is blowing the leaves off the tree but they are all getting sodden with rain and just lying on the ground. I hope that it clears up over the weekend and then I can go out collecting as I want to have a Halloween window display and have just got my pumpkin and witch so far. Oh Just remembered I have a small cauldron in the barn that there were bulbs in one year. There that's another decoration.



Just a few more words about Mercury being in full retrograde from tomorrow [28th]. Things that could go wrong or be disturbed by the Divine Powers of the Universe. Computers may behave erratically, emails may go missing for a few hours or a day or two before they arrive, any parcels or cards you may could take a long time or go missing and travel plans could be difficult to achieve easily.

How can we make our way through this troublesome time? Well trying keep a piece of clear quartz on top of your computer to clear the air. Be patient above all things, the Universe allows these things to happen as part of its system of being, for every difficulty at some time in the future you will have a good happening to balance it. For travelling and mail, look out crystals and herbs that will help you achieve these things. Crystals and herbs in your pocket when travelling can help ease the journey and a sprinkling of the right herbs in the parcel or letter will help it on its way. Jasmine and /or Tuberose incense or essential oils will do well to help you with the effects of a retrograde Mercury Just take things carefully and slowly my friends.

HAVE A LOOK AT THE NEW SITE
JUST WAITING FOR STORIES TO FILL IT



Don’t forget to join in Daisy Lupins’
Halloween Ghost Story Posting
Post a ghost story, something strange that happened
To you or a tale you want to tell
On 31st October, or as near to before
As possible.
Let’s have a Giant Story Circle






Have some fun
Coming soon in early November
Daisy Lupin’s stream of consciousness game
Pick one of the words or phrases
Let it take you where it will, Go with it,
See where you end up, then post it on your site.
Come on, join in, let’s ramble



16 comments:

Lisa said...

So many wonderful things to look at. I'm so happy your secret faeries are taking such good care of you.

I always feel quite peaceful when I've read one of your posts. I would love to sit with you over a cuppa some time. :) I imagine it would be a relaxing and joyful moment in time.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

How beautiful everything was in your post, I am impressed, Thank you. Also I tried to contact you yesterday but I couldn't, I left my email in your comments and it didn't want to go but somehow you felt me or you knew I was trying very hard, Thank you for that and the recipe, too. I can't wait to go home and cook. Please, here it is for your records.
cajita21atyahoodotcom.
Daisy you are the greatest!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

It used to be that when I heard the lid of the post box I didn't rush to get the odd junk mail and bills that I knew were in it. The parcels that came were things I'd ordered through the mail. Suddenly and with complete surprise the post box is no long just that - it's a vessel for the postal fairies to drop love in. In fact I should put a sign on it that says "love goes here".Isn't it the most divine to hold in your hands something so joyous? You received such treasures dear Daisy - and so well deserved.
As to the Halloween story, ah this is giving me fits and starts. I want to participate but can I write a truly scary story? Not so sure. The second site is such a good idea - you clever girl!
XOXO

vicci said...

Daisy Girl!!! You are a busy bee...your imagination soars....and I love it!

J C said...

Daisywaisy, do you truly have a secret fairy or do you truly know who is sending you these delicious parcals? I haven't figured that one out yet. Sigh.......I have to stop being a speed reader becuz I miss things sometimes. I'm doing the Halloween story. Will be posting it in the next day or so. Girl, if you happen to ride that motorized broom over my place, please stop in for a cuppa brew!

Anonymous said...

Sugar mice, parma violets !..oh I'm seven years old again, I recently found parma violets here in Canada, but sugar mice are an unknown species. Like you, my sister would save hers for months, and his (ours were always boys) once pristine white string tail would be grubby from handling.

Carole Burant said...

What delightful surprises you received from the secret faeries!! I can just imagine your joy as you unpacked everything:-) I've never heard of sugar mice...will have to investigate that! lol We have a severe snowstorm warning here starting overnight so goodness knows what we'll wake up to in the morning! Hugs xox

Lila Rostenberg said...

Daisy,
Your enchanting posts have inspired me to be a secret fairy for some of my local dear friends! Halloween is good time to deliver secret surprises!

Beth said...

What wonderful secret fairys you have Daisy!! I just love packages in the mail. I am so thankful for those wonderful pieces inside the mailbox, instead of all bills. And what you post about the computers acting up ,,well its true,,blogger won't let me post my entry today. Where the heck is my quartz,,I have to find it now.
Have a wonderful saturday evening Daisy D-lite!!
xoxoxo

Janet said...

How lucky you are to have so many secret fairies sending you all those wonderful packages. They all look like so much fun. I'm sure you wait in anticipation each time the mailman comes along.

I have been trying all morning to publish something on my blog for the Halloween story but can't seem to get it to happen. I'll keep trying. Sooner or later blogger will give up and let me publish!!

Patry Francis said...

Wow. If I got that kind of mail, I'd be camped outside the box all day waiting for the postman...

tlchang said...

It looks like you have made out very well. The SOSF love your mailbox, and its very deserving recipient. Thanks for your lovely posts Daisy...

Pam Aries said...

Darn..that Mercury in retrograde always messes things up! I'm not joking. Blogger still is not working! I love all your arty new art!

Annabelle said...

Secret fairies sending magical letters of affection, parma violets, sugar mice....your world sounds like a magical enchantment for one to visit. I'll try to post a spooky story if I can get creative enough. LOve your posts.

Annabelle =^..^= xo

Miss Robyn said...

oh I love this post dear Daisy! what a lovely assortment of goodies that you have received from your SOSF!
Happy Halloween to you ~ and Beltane blessings & bliss from me, here on the other side of the wheel of the year xo

Naturegirl said...

Love your secret parcels..such delights!Lovely post.