Wednesday, February 28, 2007

AS TIME GOES BY




I am still pondering about Time, and I did find all your comments very interesting, it seems that most of us are feeling this quickening of time.

I have no clock in our bedroom, I will admit that I keep a mobile phone on my bedside table, but no clock. In Winter, the earliest I get up is 7.45 and I have found that my body has taught itself to wake at that time, if I check my mobile it is always the correct time. Even on Sundays when I have a lie in I automatically wake at that time, then turn over and go to sleep again. In Summer, I seem to naturally wake at 7.00. I am lucky that on most days I can go with the times my body wants to wake up. On the other hand, my husband wakes with the light, so his body has a routine that makes him wake earlier and earlier as the year progresses and dawn comes earlier.

I also notice in the Summer if I am out in the garden for a full day, with no time to be seen [I never wear a watch, they drive me mad] I follow the passage of the sun and can always tell you what time it is usually to within the half hour, that always seems to be the correct and natural usage of time.

If I go through a day saying things like well I can do this until such a time then I must do that and if I start preparing the dinner at ........ I always end up feeling harassed and frazzled, but if I just float through the day doing things without regarding time I am always amazed at the end of the day how much I have got done. I definitely think we all need to try to organise some sort of Time Out day, maybe once or twice a month, where we have no schedules but approach the day more as we did as children, you know, a long glowing curve of time in front of us to be filled before it was time for bed again. Just take a moment now to think, can you remember what it was like as a child to wake up in bed in the morning and have that whole day stretching out in front of you? No real plans just letting the day happen. Let's give it a go!

With my thinking on time I have also been thinking about the effects of moon on people. I always say, what phase of the moon were you born under, was it waxing or waning, full, quarter or what? Do you know if you google it you can get a site which will work it out for you. Try it you learn something about yourself. For example, I was born under an almost full moon, and relish the full moon, I have mentioned many times how I love to sleep with the moonlight on my pillow. It is the dark day before the waning moon starts to wax again that I don't like.



I know some people feel lost at times when the moon affects them badly. My theory is this, you might not agree but here goes. Personally, at full moon I am at my peak of creativity, the ideas just fly out of me, I feel I could create anything, I am a happy person, and feel centred, this feeling wanes as does the moon, luckily for me, not drastically, but quite gently, though I know there are people who feel it very badly and end up feeling lost and searching. What I say is that they are not lost and searching, this is how their body tells their mind to slow down, the mind does need a dormant period to revitalise itself. If you can work at what phase of the moon affects you badly, note it down so you know when it is going to happen every month, and be ready for it. Do not push yourself on these days, do not begin big projects, do not dig deep into your inner self, instead cossett your self, give yourself little treats, if possible try to take a few small naps, gently read, take a luxury bath, nuture yourself, until the time passes and you are on the up side again. Do your mindless tasks around the house, at this time, making more free time for when your creativity flows. Try it and see if it works for you.




Thefirst doll photograph above is the doll I made for Gemma, called Healer from the Desert it was a practice we did for the Spirit Art Doll swap we are participating in. You can read more about the doll on Gemma's blog. The next photograph down is a little pixie, Lupin Lad, a felt piece I made for a swap with Artsy Mama. I liked the idea of the cheeky face peeping around the fly agaric mushroom. I also thought he was a good prototype for the Lupin Lad's I want to make this year to go with the
Daisy Fae's.


16 comments:

Lila Rostenberg said...

'looking forward to the full moon this weekend! I do love the beauty of the moonlight!
the lad peeking out from behind the mushroom is quite engaging!
I also thihnk a timeout day is an excellent idea!

Tinker said...

I saw your lovely doll on Gemma's blog and loved it. Your little mushroom elfin lad is adorable. Thank you for the thoughts about the moon phases - I'll have to look up what phase it was in when I was born.
I do much better moving at my own inner timetable myself - and don't wear a watch either.

Oh - and I just wanted to remind you, if you want to enter the drawing, the password is "peace." Peace be with you, Miss Daisy! xo

Tinker said...

I just went and found the site - apparently the moon was only a sliver (3.4 days)after the new moon - though the site warns that since it was so long ago, the times might not be accurate; but I'd imagine they weren't too far off. I've always liked seeing the moon in any phase, but oddly enough, especially when it appears like the Cheshire Cat's smile in the sky.

Miss Robyn said...

I do hope you copyrighted these dolls, Daisy!
as to time - I believe that we are really losing time.. it is contracting.... there is definately not 24 hours in a day now. I know it sounds weird... but there is plenty of information on the internet about this phenomena.
of to read the rest of the post... I just wanted to make sure you are protected with your dolls. I love them xoxo

tlchang said...

I couldn't agree with you more about the moon phases and at least my responses to it. I can feel it in the center of my stomach when the moon is full - kind of like riding a roller-coaster exhilaration sort of feeling (is that totally weird?) And I have really intense, not particularly pleasant, but always insightful dreams at the dark of the moon. If I remember to document them - I generally learn alot.

I love the moon.

mrsnesbitt said...

A job for me today, find out about phase of the moon when I was born.
What you said about time as a child...and keeping a day special...I guess this is what is so much fun about the motorbike. We both try to keep Sundays free, spending the time together...and when we go out on the bike we have no idea how long/where we will go....an adventure!

Suzie Q said...

Wonderful post, Daisy, thank you :) I will be off to investigate what phase of the moon I was born under, but had to say how much I love your dolls, and the idea of taking your own time about things..and thanks, too, for stopping by and leaving a comment for me, so very much appreciated.
Bless you Daisy, have a lovely day :)
Hugs, Suze xXx

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Daisy... Time really does fly when you're having fun.
I love the idea that time not watched is better then fretting about it.
My body wakes at about 6.30am, which I let it do happily, and it want's to sleep at 11pm.
I took of my watch 5 years ago, and I dont watch it now as I like to take my time and spend the day just enjoying life.. and meeting friends..
hmm..not long till I see you too.. :)
PEace, Kai.

Gill said...

No watch here either, havent worn one for years!

The dolls are so cute, love sewn with every stitch :-}

Take care

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I saw your doll on Gemma's site and just think it's fantastic, the way you did the back of the cloak was perfect for her.
I also like the wee lad behind the mushroom, so adorable and full of personality.
I don't wear a watch either and moved the clock in my studio so I am not facing it, I may remove it all together. I found as I worked in bliss all day yesterday I didn't pay attention to the time at all. I gave myself that 'wake up in the morning and just play all day" (which is what that felt like for me). I never worried about time as a child except 'uh oh, I better get home for dinner'. lol!
I know that when there is a full moon I get somewhat squirrely...almost agitated at times and very forgetful others. In fact when I get like that I will say "ahh, it must be a full moon"...yet I was not born during a full moon. Not sure what that means exactly. will have to investigate.
Can't wait to see all the new Daisy creations.
XOXO
Love,
Lisa
wow, long comment huh?

Miss Robyn said...

funny Daisy - here is what my moon phase is:
on 29th December 57 the moon was first quarter and Jan 5 58 - it was full. I was born on Jan 1st so I guess it makes me nearly a full moon baby?
geez... what does that mean?

Carole Burant said...

I've never paid any attention to the moon phases, sad to say! Maybe I should start! lol i will check out that site once I'm done commenting:-) I just love those two dolls you made, you are so very talented my friend!! As for a day or two with no worry of time, I'm all for that...too often our lives are ruled by time. xoxo

Beth said...

I just love the spirit dolls, they are so cool. I am making a doll right now, going to do the Dotee doll swap, it will be my first. I need some healing dolls, between my back and leg and some other matters my spirit is a little low.
I just love the moon,,I hope our skys will be clear enough this week-end were I can get a picture of it full. We made it through the storms, but south of us in Alabama, they weren't very lucky.
Hope you have a great day Dear Daisy!!!

gma said...

Some time in the full moonlight will be good to get inspiration for our Moon Goddess dolls!
Sending love....

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Daisy, I was so enjoying your reflections on time and then my thoughts were completely derailed by these terrific little dolls. The, as you say, cheeky little fellow is enchanting.

lizzzzzzzy said...

God Bless the Moon and God Bless YOU. Good read and throught seeds to plant and harvest. Thank You for sharing. Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzy