Wednesday, February 14, 2007

THE GAME IS ON


I have been involved in this email game which is absolutely fascinating me, it is very simple, but oh so interesting. You ask all your friends to reply to just you with one word that sums you up, then they can tag the rest of their contacts to do the same to them. These are the replies that came back about me, quirky, wisdom, confident, found, wonderful, calming, wise, writer, natural, flowerfairy, thorough, wisdom[again], story teller supreme, spiritual and my very favourite, at the end of my list of contacts I added on my daughter, Sweetpea, as I knew she would like to do this with her friends and her reply was BEST, I did feel a little gulp in my throat.



I tagged myself to do this meme off Maryellen, who now has a special site for memes http://oldcrowknees2.blogspot.com/ , and this was one I haven't done before. Sometimes these memes are a good way of evaluating yourself and your feelings.

Meme about 2006

1. What did you do in 2006 that you have never done before?
Started my blogging life, of course.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope

3. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes my little cat Pixie, on Midsummers Eve

4. What countries did you visit?
None, stayed in England this year

5. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A piano

6. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
Midsummer's Eve [see above]

7. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No

8. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Lots of people did lots of lovely things which I appreciated and would not like to pick anyone out, except maybe my children, who are always there when we need them


9. Whose behaviour appalled and depressed you?
Our so called leader Blair and his cohort Bush -get out of Iraq now, it is a mess, too many people are being killed and for gods sake don't even consider going into Iran.

10. Where did most of your money go?
On living in a quiet rural way, with little treats of art materials, books, plants for the garden and small quirky items, oh and the occasional bottle of good wine

11. What did you get really excited about?
My new blog, and meeting so many people from around the world some of whom are now becoming firm friends of mine, explaining all this to my real world friends who don't blog and trying to make them understand how it is possible to build up a friendship in cyberland



12. Compared to this time last year, are you, a) happier or b) sadder?
Happier, as I strive for contentment and no longer storm out tackling any cause that I hear of. I now quietly try to do my bit to save the Earth and Mother Nature. Quiet and stealth can be as effective as marching and chanting

13. What was your favourite TV show in 2006?
I don't watch much TV at all, but there was one programme Lost, and now I am lost it has gone to Sky channels only

14. What was the best book you read in 2006?
I honestly don't think I can choose, I read so many good books last year, maybe I should choose a classic, Precious Bane by Mary Webb, was a wonderful evocative book of an English countryside and lifestyle now lost. The descriptions of nature were awe inspiring

15. Is there someone or something you missed this past year?
Cornwall, we didn't get there last year

16. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was fifty five and I blogged about my simple day pottering about a nearby market town, a lovely evening meal and wine. It was an unseasonably warm and sunny day for November and the countryside was at its late autumn best. It was the last sunny day of autumn and it rained after that nearly everyday until Christmas

17. What kept you sane?
Creating

18. Make up a question you want to answer here: Did you do anything that surprised you?
Yes, I started up a Local History Group and got funding for it too

19. If you could do one thing this year and not get chastised by anyone for doing it, what would you do?
No one chastises me, I am an adult with a mind of my own, not a child to be told go stand in the corner for some wrongdoing

20. If you could meet one blogger in 2007, who would you want to meet?
This is very hard, but I think among many I would have to say Robyn as it was from reading and lurking around her blog that I took my courage in both hands and began my own. She was the first blog I commented on and I was very nervous. Though I really would love to meet any of my blogging friends



That was quite interesting to do and has also made me look back on last year and think about happenings, achievements and hopes I had for this year. I have another meme here that I got from Janet's blog, I'll finish off with this one and then go and say hello to the people who's blogs I haven't been back to yet.

If you could build a house anywhere, where would it be?
Everyone must know the answer to this by now. In Cornwall on top of a hill with a stunning view of the sea from all the front windows. It is detached and surrounded by beautiful countryside, isolated, not seen from the road, perhaps hidden by trees and not too far from Penzance. It also has an amazing garden with a camomile lawn and room at the back for hens, goats and ducks and doves, not to mention the cats and a dog for my husband

What is your favourite item of clothing?
I love long swirly summer dresses faded cottons or cheesecloth that the breeze ripples worn with a battered straw hat to keep the sun off my head

Favourite physical feature of the opposite sex?
Hands are very important and of course eyes, they tell all, they are the windows of the soul

What is the last CD you bought?
Norah Jones new album

Where is your favourite place to be?
Apart from Cornwall, [see above] in my cottage, any room or the garden, I love different rooms at different times of day and depending on what activity I am doing

Where is your least favourite place to be?
Anywhere where I am dealing with officialdom and paper pushers

Where is your favourite place to be massaged?
Keep away from my feet I can'at stand them being touched. Shoulders and the back of my neck are where my tension usually is and where I need the massage



Strong in mind or body?
Strong in mind I would think, I am a terrible wimp about lifting heavy things, I could years ago but it goes for my shoulders and knees now

What time do you wake up in the morning?
Winter about eight in the morning, maybe even half eight if it is a dark grey day. Summer usually at seven or even before that if the sun is shining

What is your favourite kitchen appliance?
My electric kettle and toaster for a quick breakfast, you know exactly what you can get done while one is toasting and the other boiling

What makes you really angry?
Having been dealing with my mother's move it has to be, at the moment, officialdom who are sloppy with their admin and can't give you the answers to the questions you are asking without putting you to talk to about three different people and then they give you incorrect information and you start all over again. Its not that hard to be efficient

If you could play an instrument what would it be?
I can play piano

Favourite colour?
Purple

Which do you prefer sports car or suv?
Not at all bothered, not interested in cars at all just want to get from a to b and back

Do you believe in an afterlife?
Recincarnation

Favourite childrens book?
The Secret Garden but many others too

What is your favourite season?
Late Spring when the leaves have that crumpled fresh look and are that really zingy green almost lime green at times

Your least favourite household chore?
Cleaning bathrooms

Ifyou could have one super power what would it be?
Healing

If you have a tattoo what is it?
I haven't but I wish I had the courage to have one, my daughter has two, a celtic design on the middle of her lower back and a tiny butterfly on her shoulder

Can you juggle?
I constantly juggle in life

The one person from your past that you wish you could go back and talk to?
My great great grandfather, who was a bandsmaster in the army and went all over the world and was involved in the mutiney in India and in one of the seiges

Whats your favourite day?
Any day, but A favourite day is to be woken by the sun and the birds singing after sleeping with the full moon on my pillow


13 comments:

Lila Rostenberg said...

It is still fun to read about your life, Daisy...I think I will look for the book you mentioned as one of the best you read last year.
I'm glad your blog is "up and running" again!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

If i am able to leave a comment it will be a miracle. guess whose computer started acting up yesterday?....slow, unresponsive moving site to site etc. ACCCK! (I went back and read your other post to see "it" started yesterday.no no no

Anyway, These memes are always so interesting to read. Though I rarely do them I enjoy getting to know more about someone. The interesting thing is some of your answers I think I already knew, isn't that funny?
So glad to see you posting again!
XOXO

Beth said...

So glad your back Ms. Daisy,,sure have missed you! I love the memes, they so help to get to know you even more. Hope you have a great evening!

Miss Robyn said...

ooh, i haven't even read all of this post but I just wanted to say - thankyou xox
You are my kindred spirit, and we will meet oneday in real life for sure xoxoo

Carole Burant said...

Yikes, I still haven't answered that email regarding The Game Is On...I think 3 or 4 people have sent it to me. I'm sooo bad with emails! Will get to it SOON!

I so enjoyed all your answers to both memes...it certainly does make it interesting reading, getting to know someone better:-)

Hugs xox

Tinker said...

I always enjoy reading other people's memes. I haven't played 'the game' as I can't settle on just ONE word to describe each of my friends...must be that 'R' word messing with my mind! And my computer - I'm struggling for ages to leave each comment. So I may just be a little quieter the next few days till things smooth out...
xo

gma said...

Yes...it'd be fantastic to meet Robyn!!
Good meme!
so glad you're back!!!
xoxo

KaiBlue said...

well, now I know a lot more about you Ms. Daisy!! thankyou for putting down such interesting answers.. those are groovy. Im glad you're back to your bloggie again.
PEace, Kai.

Pam Aries said...

Hi Daisy! Good to have you back! I got your Fridas! Cool! Thank you and I will swap them all out aas soon as I get the rest!

J C said...

I'm glad you are back Daisy. Missed you.

Shop girl said...

Your blog is beautiful and when I am done reading it, I will probably feel like I know you. I am a newbe to blogging infact I started more than a year ago and just didn't do much with it. But I am greatful to be back and finding so many wonderful people like yourself. Come visit me when you get a minute. Mary (Idaho)

Suzie Q said...

Dear Daisy, I have lurked here on & off for a while now and was so happy to find your comment on my blog on this beautiful Sunday morning :)
I am guilty of having just skimmed this post, as I just can't wait to say hello, but noted a few points and have to say that I am so with you on #9. Touchy, I know, but God help us all, it scares me so much sometimes..
You sound like a much more together version of me! ;) I have dreamed of living in Cornwall since I first went there on holiday as a young teenager, and a small-holding with an Art studio and perhaps a little book-lined tea room sounds like heaven to me...
I would love to know more about your hippy past! ;) I wonder if we were at some of the same events??? I'm so enjoying scouring around for hippy-related memorabilia for Robyn's swap. I'm in my element!
I should probably have sent this 'comment' as an email, eh?! (couldnt find your email address, sorry :( ) So glad to finally say hello!
Have a beautiful Sunday...
Hugs, Suze xXx

mrsnesbitt said...

We must meet up sometime......now I wonder where is half way?

Lovely post.
Tranquil & content.
Dx