Monday, November 20, 2006


What Bliss! The bliss of a weekend given over to creativity. My set of Christmas Ornaments for Carol's swap are packaged and were dispatched today. I have a lovely hanging rod that is gently filling with a second round of Christmas Ornaments, this time perky birds and tinkling stars, some in quite zingy colours. I am having a mad love affair with felt. I had forgotten the beauty of working with it, the joy of hand sewing without turning edges under, the beautiful jazzy colours that make all the sequins and glittery things I have stuck on even more shiny and twinkling. I have become a mad Christmas Ornament machine. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I emerged late afternoon from my artroom, like a regular Miss Daisy Mouse coming out of her mousehole in the skirtingboard, blinking at the huge wide world outside. Every evening I had to deglitter, desequin and deglue myself and I am still finding glittery pieces around the cottage. Today, the Christmas cake has been sorted, now I need to put this new posting on my site before returning for a final creative push for today.

The weather has been rainy and cold all weekend which made it more delightful
than ever to be cosy in my art room, with good sounds playing on the hi-fi. I know I said I wasn't going to and even said everyone was to impress on me that I shouldn't but I really do need more beads, felt and feathers. Oops! Honest, that's all. Just for the Great Christmas Ornament Escapade! The birds especially are proud to be twinkly and glittery. I know in the shops they will be saying one assistant to another ' Look here's this crazy woman again with the colourful hat and sequins in her hair, she's buying more!' The photograph on the top right is of a selection of the ornaments I have made for Carol's swap. I will post some of my zingy ornaments another day.



Thought I would finish the tour of my home with my bedroom photographs, these are off the same film, somehow I seem to have lost a wall of the bedroom, but never mind. Please note the bedroom is not the blue the pictures show it is a much gentler blue not as intense as these photos make it. Also two photos showing where I used to do my artwork in Sweetpea's bedroom, luckily now, even though she just uses it when she comes to stay, it is back to how she likes it to look. I thought I had two photographs on the film of my new artroom, but there isn't I must root around as I did shoot some film of it to show you my new workspace. I will show it at some point when I find it.



I really promise that my next posting will include my Stream of Consciousness writing. Trust me to organise it and probably be the last to post it.

I think I will include this little Alphabet Meme that I stole off, basically Maryellen's site, but I think Pretty Lady had it as well.

A is for age:
I have just turned 55, but inside am years younger than this.

B is for Beer:
Yuck! I don't like beer or lager the nearest I can do is a glass of Magner's cider on ice.

C is for Career:
N o career, mind, I never have been an office, corporate sort of person, a bit too much of a free spirit that doesn't like to be told what to do.

D is for my Dog:
Never had a dog, though my hushand would like one, maybe sometime. I did have an imaginery dog when I was three years old, apparently. I used to called it Scottie, it was a black West Highland Terrier, and when I was out walking with my mother I used to hold my arm out in front of me although a dog was pulling me and its lead along.



E is for Essential Item I Use Everyday:
So many, I must suppose pick the Computer,but there is the hi-fi, the cooker, the washing machine, the radio, all pretty essential to my life.

F is for Favorite T.V. Show:
Lost, of course.



G is for Favourite Game:
I can quite happily while away time playing solitaire. Though as a child it was Hide and Seek, nothing gives you the thrills and spills and frights of playing Hide and Seek in the Dark. Oh the pounding of your heart when someone is near your hiding place, the tension of getting back to home base.

H is for Hometown:
North West England.

I is for Instruments I Play:
The Piano, an instrument I learnt for eight years and then gave up in my rebellious teens. One day I will buy another for the sheer pleasure of being able to play every day.

J is for Favorite Juice:
At the moment Pomegranite, or more mundane apple.

K is for Whose Butt I’d Like To Kick:
Tony Blair, for being a complete idiot and incompetent and for dragging us into Iraq.

L is for the Last Place I Ate:
In my dining room, husband's turn to cook today, pork chops, sliced potatoes and vegetables, very tasty.



M is for Marriage:
Yes I am and have been for too many years to remember exactly.

N is for my Name:
Daisy Lupin

O is for Overnight Hospital Stays:
Births of two children.



P is for People I was With Today:
My husband, and my neighbour called in.

Q is for Quote:
Normally we do not as much look at things as overlook them - Alan Watts
The song and the land are one - Bruce Chatwin.


R is for Biggest Regret:
Do not dwell on your regrets, rather try to think it is never too late.



S is for Sport:
Charity Shop and Car Boot sales shopping, lrummaging round for a bargain.

T is for Time I Woke Up today:
7.45 to a grey rainy day.

U is for Current Underwear:
Blue and black.



V is for Vegetable You Love:
Carrots and parsnips.

W is for Worst Habit:
Depends who you talk to. Maybe butterfly mind, often goes off a tangent in conversation. Impatience in traffic and queues of any kind, such wasted time.

X rays I have had:
Apart from the usual, an x-ray on my middle finger on my left hand that I put a sewing machine needle right through many years ago. ouch! They couldn't get it all out as it shattered inside my finger. I am still supposed to watch out for it starting to travel! Also in winter can tell when it is going to rain because the finger starts to ache.

Yummy Food I have had today:
The pork chop my husband made and some lovely cheese for lunch.

Zodiac Sign:
Scorpio, with a sting in the tail, cross me if you dare, I have a long memory and can be highly secretive.




Just a couple of points about the photographs, the square cushions on our bed are a deep rose colour,not the coral they look on the picture. I am still looking for something sensational to put above the bed, apart from my blue twinkling fairy lights. I have a fear of pictures above my head in case they fall on me and the glass smashes in my face. I will know when I find what I am looking for, but am prepared to leave the space empty until then. Please note my teddies, the sad almost furless one is my wonderful Teddy Robinson, a venerable gent as old as I am. My collection of glass perfumes bottles are on my bedside table until I find something I would like to display them in. Sweetpea's bedroom with its cool lavender walls, not a good colour to work around when being creative. Poor Sweetpea had to put up with my messy desk and pile of boxes at the end of her bed on a quite a few visits, before I got my new artroom sorted.



Don’t forget to join in Daisy Lupin's
Christmas Story or Memory Posting

Post a Christmas memory, story, even a ghost story
Or poem you would like to share,
More than one if you wish,

Anytime between 17th and 24th December
Just let me know it is your contribution
I will transfer them to a temporary site
There they will remain for everyone to enjoy
Until the end of January.

Come on lets have a Giant Christmas Story Circle



24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you are making birds for Christmas! me too :) - I tell ya we are related somewhere along the line

Naturegirl said...

Daisy what a ~*wonderful*~ red and green introduction to todays post!I see you have a ~*~*magical window~*~*
I"m sure the *fairies* fly in and out inspiring your creativity!So much to see so much to read...I must go and return when I have more time and enjoy
every word and image! oh I see you've allowed us into your workspace!Hugs NG

Tinker said...

Oh, I love that deep casement window of yours, the perfume bottles - all of it is lovely, Daisy!

As are your ornaments - for some reason they make me think of fairy cushions.

Thank you for the tour, I love your home!

Anonymous said...

Your handmade Christmas ornaments are great Daisy.
I love your bedroom window..! We live in a fairly new home, and alas it has NO window ledge. I have a bedroom painted that blue, with yellow curtains..it's like waking up to a sunny sky every morning.
You have a cozy home, thanks for the tour.

Beth said...

Loved the ornaments and the tour of the lovely bedrooms. My daughters room was purple, now it is my purple art room. I really want to see your bird ornaments, they sound so lovely! Also loved the Alphabet meme!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your bedroom tour. I feel the same as you about things hanging above my bed....especially here in earthquake country!

Your ornaments are so pretty, and I can't wait to see the bird ones. Felt is almost magical, the things one can do with it.

And last but not least, loved the meme. I did that one, too.

Anonymous said...

I can just see you coming out of the art room - all covered in glitter & sparkly larkly bits n pieces. My Christmas cake is done - I will do one more this weekend and that is it.
I went into Spotlight the other day and bought much glitter and when I got to the counter, I said to the girl 'I only came for one thing' and she replied 'that's what they all say' - ha ! glitter queens all over the place.

Anonymous said...

oh and the colour of your bedroom - mine is exactly that colour & I have red stencils around picture rail height. Over my bed, I have a kitsch lamp of Jesus and Mary - will post about my bedroom soon!
love this whole post, Daisy - I will be back again to read some more xo

Anonymous said...

Loved this whole post Daisy---as for your bedroom.
No mirrors, they reflect and magnify energy making it impossible to sleep. (feng shui)
Try a large tranquil image, paint yourself a giant canvas of calming colours-then if it falls on your head it is only fabric and paint hitting you.
xoxoxo

natural attrill said...

What a great post, lovely to see inside your home. I really like the bottles.
Penny.

tlchang said...

You can never have too much glitter. Very lovely ornaments - it looks like you are having a great time.

My favorite photo was of all the old perfume bottles. I love old glass and old bottles...

Heather said...

Lovely perfume bottle collection!! Lovely post as usual!

Pam Aries said...

Would you please send some of that mad Christmas ornament making energy my way!!!! ho ho ho! I love your craftiness! OK ..I think I might be getting in the moood a lil' bit! Love your home! I think we should all take pics of our decorations for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

love your ornaments..and guess what I am also making some birds....I think there is definitely a connection some place....that and birds are SO cheerful!
I feel your bliss and delight from start to finish in this post..it made my heart smile. I love seeing the interior of your home as well- all Daisyfied with charm!
XOXO

KaiBlue said...

Those are beautiful!! and Im digging the meme.. Where do you find the time??
Peace n hugs, kai.

Carole Burant said...

Daisy, I just LOVE the star ornaments you made, how very beautiful!! Working with felt certainly is a pleasure...I've been working on a secret project which I can't tell anyone about yet! hehe Anyway, it was with felt too and I so enjoyed working with it!! Love your bedroom and workroom pictures...I also don't like the thought of a picture above my head!! Loved your meme also!! xox

Lisa said...

Oh lovely Daisy. The ornaments are wonderful. I have only one to make for Lisa's swap and I am having so much trouble coming up with something. I have had a number of false starts. Perhaps I'm overthinking it. Yours are really lovely as is your home. I'm loving this tour.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, I'm a Scorpio too. Nov. 18th was mine. When is/was yours?

Naturegirl said...

Daisy with so much *glitter* here I had to return and tell you that the *~*~SOSF~*~*
has sprinkled fairy friendship dust my way..come see!~*NG*~

VintagePretty said...

Wow, it's amazing to be shown around someones' home without even leaving the front door - thanks for sharing.

Those decorations are gorgeous, as are all of the ornaments adorning your abode :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting post! I love the ornies!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love every single picture of your house, this was very interesting, I should do it, too. In fact I am going back to see your pictures again, I do love them a lot and they can inspire me for things in my house, too. It was fun answers to your meme, I like the answer about you being a free spirit and yes it is hard working in office being that way. Everyone thinks I am different and weird but I am very happy in my own world. I am going to try the other meme you post it on friday. Ok I have my homework, also I am competing with you for the last place on the challenges, LOL, I blame it on my work, LOL. I would like to send you a Christmas card if that is ok with you :-)

Tea said...

What a beautiful collection of bottles you have! Your walls look like you`ve used some pretty teqnique on them. Keep the pictures coming :) Lovely silk pillows too. Love your cottage. I see you have a book madness just like me! I daren`t show mine at the moment LOL

tea
xo

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of playing hide n seek in the dark. I'd forgotten. Sweet memories. Also I have my teddy too, He has gotten older now and wears glasses and always needs his hand crocheted lil sweater to stay warm. I've had my teddy for 55 years. He even has his own chair made of sticks nailed together. Glad you did your MeMe and now others will do it too.