Thursday, November 09, 2006


BEWARE THIS IS A POSTING OFA SMUG SATISFIED PERSON AND IT DRIPS SUGAR AND HONEY AND EVERYTHING SWEET CARRY ON READING AT YOUR PERIL.

I have had such a splendiferous [is that a real word? well it is now] day, today my birthday, that I just have to share it with you. It was not a day of thrills and great new excitements. Just a perfect day, in the words of the song. I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and all its small pleasures. A perfect way to spend a birthday.

First of all many many thanks and love and hugs to everyone, who mentioned my birthday on their sites, sent me emails, sent me beautiful email greetings cards and videos, sent me snail mail cards and presents. I will get round you all, to thank you personally, over the next few days and also show some of the lovely cards etc, but today I am just overwhelmed by it all.



This was my Perfect Day. We slept in, on my birthday of all days, usually up by seven it was after eight! The sun was shining, the sky was the brightest blue and there was not a breath of wind. Switched the computer on and already there were emails etc waiting. Then stopped for breakfast and the mail lady. I already had a little pile of items that had arrived early, which I was under strict instructions not to open until today, the mail lady brought more. Then I spent a lovely time opening them all and enjoying the various contents. I was having my dinner cooked for me by my husband this evening so I decided on a trip to the little market town nearby to visit their lovely butcher that sells local meat.



I caught my little country bus for the ride in the opposite direction to the one I most often take. The countryside was just perfect, full of beautiful trees with orange, yellow and copper leaves pressed up against a completely cloud free intense blue sky. The hedges packed with beautiful red berries such as rosehips. Not a cold day, just perfect for a jumper and gilet, and, of course, my magic hat [which I will tell you all about further down the posting] As I arrived in the market town the old church bell was tolling eleven and I decided I had time to look at a couple of shops before doing my food shopping.

There is a shop I always pass on the way to the bakers that often has lovely items in the window, I have never really paid it a lot of attention as usually there are jumpers etc blocking the interior view, but I noticed something rather special in the window at a very reasonable price and decided to go in. Well, I was stunned, inside was the most beautiful selection of gorgeous accessories, jewellery, ornaments and just pretty items. I ended up buying a couple of items for christmas as well as the object I had spotted in the window. [ I am being very vague about these items in case my daughter, Sweetpea is reading this posting as she often does].



Then on the bus coming in before we turned into the market square, I had noticed set back off the road an animal charity shop so I decided to go and have a look. There I found this beautiful Japanese hand painted china, two plates, two saucers, but only one cup. It was exquisite, an ochre background with blue birds on branches and a blue edging round the rims. Very fragile and delicate bone china £5 - a bargain I bought it. Then I bought, don't laugh a tiger for £3.50. I don't buy a lot of soft toys but this is more than a soft toy it looks real, its about two foot long and so well made and modelled, the way its haunches are contoured they look as though they are muscled and it has the most realistic face and expressive eyes. I will photograph it and post it another day. Well I fell in love with it and had to have it. Then a quick visit to the butcher and the baker, for two slices of their delicious sinful chocolate cake which is so yummy [I don't do a whole birthday cake as there are just two of us and I know my husband would have one slice and then not want anymore and the rest would be there as serious temptation]



Home for a later lunch and phone calls from the children, then up to my artroom for a little artwork, then a late afternoon browsing through a pile of magazines I have been saving. Then it was time to be called through to the dining room where my dinner was served, after which it was time for the delicious chocolate cake. Next a lovely candlelit and incense evening with glasses of red wine and some television and music. Now I have rounded off the day by posting this. It couldn't have been any better.
It doesn't quite end tonight, because I still have Sweetpea coming up from London on Saturday, staying until Tuesday morning and bringing up presents for me from herself and from my son.


My magic hat, pictured below. This hat that my son bought me two years ago as part of my christmas present is what I call my magic hat. You just pull it on and turn the brim up at the front. The hat seems to effect people, it makes them cheerful, they speak to you, they tell you things. They say things like' what a colourful hat, it cheers up a grey day' or nod at you and say things like 'lovely day'. People are often friendly it just seems that when I wear this hat, people are even friendlier, smile at you more, pass the time of day more. That is why I try not to overuse it. I also seem to find wonderful bargains when I wear this hat.



My two pieces of art work, greetings cards which illustrate this posting at the top of the page, are called in order of showing. The one at the top right is His Mother always let him play with the shells after his flying lesson and the one to the left it Very occasionally even a fairy will lose her joie de vivre.

By the way, talking about my last posting and Christmas memories etc. Anyone like the idea of me doing a Christmas memories, stories, yes even Christmas Ghost stories, website along the same lines as the Halloween one. It would be such fun and I would love to do it. Items to be posted nearer to Christmas, say 15 th to 24th December and left in situ until end of January. I will call it Daisy Lupin's Wonder of Christmas Story Circle. Will everyone participate?




Have some fun
Coming soon in early November

Daisy Lupin’s stream of consciousness game
Pick one of the words or phrases
Let it take you where it will, Go with it,
See where you end up, then post it on your site.

Come on, join in, let’s ramble



31 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big, fat, glorious Happy Birthday to you, miss Daisy Lupin! Loved your hat story, I love how magical that hat is! Love your tiger purchase, I took my daughter to the circus when she was 4 and Mum bought her a tiger that we ended up naming "Raj". He is stupendously realistic and though not as big as yours.
Yes, careful with the cake, it tends to get eaten if it is there. I know in my house, if there is cookies lying about, they end up down the hatch before long. (So I limit my cookie buying for that reason.)
I am hoping your day was the BEST! I will absolutely work on a piece for the story circle at Christmas.
Much love and many birthday hugs~
Blue xo

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I couldn't be more pleased than to read how you spent your special day! I can feel your joy just reading it and you deserve all the blessings and wonder that is you. How fun to fun your treasures just waiting for you to find them. and the hat, nothing like wearing something that would make others smile. I only wish my parcel would have made it in time to be opened today, but it's been winging it's way so it will just add length to your celebration I hope. I was just thinking about some Christmas memories today and thought about just that, a story circle, so yes I will participate.
Love and hugs to you dear Daisy.
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Your blog is lovely! I've been reading your posts and savoring them as I enjoy a cup of sweet hot tea. Happy Birthday, Miss Lupin.
:-)

Rosa said...

Oh Daisy, it sounds like a perfect day. I'm so happy for you!! Cheers Love! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great day, no one deserves it more.Lots of cards, pressies and dinner cooked for you..can it get any better. Once again a very Happy Birthday Daisy and many many more. xo

Lisa said...

I'm so happy to hear of your perfect day and it does, indeed, sound like the perfect day. If anyone deserves it, it's you, my friend.

Love that hat!

Anonymous said...

Hi glad to hear your birthday was so good. I will be glad to work with Gemmas art. Just let me know what you would like done. What would you like for it to say and such.

DellaB said...

Hello Daisy - I've just popped over from Pea's place to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY - hope you are having a good one.

Lovely blog - I'll be back to read some more, for sure...

:-)
Della

Lila Rostenberg said...

What a wonderful birthday!
There is a lot to be said for having a leisurely birthday visiting shops and enjoying lovely weather. You were so right to buy slices rather than a whole cake!
And the best part must surely be the little surprises in the mail and from your friends around the world!
We love your blog! Blessings on your birthday!

Anonymous said...

I would say you had a perfect birthday! I love the magic hat and the story connected with it. And your artwork is so delicate and ethereal....I love it!

Best wishes for many more wonderful birthdays.

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Dear Daisy....
Happy Birthday to you.

Have a wonderful day full of
flights of fantasy.

Enjoy.

Shelley

Michelle said...

visiting over from Pea's blog to say happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy ~ Just popped over from Pea's
place to wish you a very happy birthday. I am so glad that you are having such a lovely time, with your
purchases and greetings etc etc. I hope your Perfect Day becomes a habit. Take care, Cheers, Merle.

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday Daisy! Coming over from Pea's just to wish you the very best! Love that your sweet hubby and you were able to sleep in and then he made you breakfast! Whoo hoo! The shops sounded lovely, nice that you got a little shopping done as well. :) Will check back for your game that starts this month. Love word games!

Anonymous said...

your birthday sounds P*E*R*F*E*C*T ! a perfect day for a perfect girl. I so want to come with you on the bus - we could sit together, you with your magick hat on and me with my faery ring on and have tons of fun!
if I ever get my wish for my 50th - to come and live in the UK for 3 mths, then we can do this!
you are such a special, special soul dear daisy-lupin and I am a better person for having met you xoxo
as to the Christmas stories - I have many on my previous blog and will share some for sure - but not til December xoxo

natural attrill said...

Belated birthday wishes! glad you had a good day.
Penny.

Tea said...

It sounds like you had the most perfect Birthday Daisy! And I wish I could see that little antique shop! Can`t wait to see your pictures.
You were mentioning my blog always going to July. I have that same problem every single time with Carol`s Garden and Decorations (Boxwood Garden)as well as Tales From The Pantry: A Butler's Diary. At his I have to go to profile and click back to the blog from there to update.Carol`s sometimes I can never get to anywhere but a July date no matter what I try and it`s very dicouraging because with all her beautiful background graphics it takes at least 15 minutes to load only to find the wrong page!
Happy Happy Birthday again to you :)

tea
xo

tlchang said...

Oh, Happy Birthday Daisy! I'm glad it was such a lovely time for you. Sounds like the perfect way to spend time pampering onesself! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

What a wonderful, creative woman you are!! Happy Birthday! Sounds as if you had the sort of fabulous day you deserved!!

Rowan said...

Glad that you had such a good birthday - I'd have wished you Happy Birthday on the right day if Blogger had let me! Enjoy the weekend with your daughter.

Gretel said...

What an excellent day, I'm so pleased! :)

Naturegirl said...

*~*HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY*~* Ms.Daisy!
May life shower you with many more *gifts* as you well deserve! Your heart filled with *JOY* today and always.. my wish for you!hugs NG :)

Carole Burant said...

I am so happy that you had such a wonderful birthday dear Daisy...you certainly deserved such a perfect day:-) I enjoyed reading everything you did on your special day...you should have bought the whole cake, I'd have been right over! lol You certainly did find some lovely treasures also and I just love your lucky hat:-) Happy Birthday again my friend!!! xoxox

Tinker said...

A lovely day for a lovely artist!
As for your art, as Tony the Tiger would say, 'They're G-R-R-E-A-T!'
(The tiger anecdote made me smile - as did your magic hat; I must find one of those!)

I think your Christmas Story circle idea is enchanting! I hope you decide to do it - I'll participate if my husband doesn't decide we have to have the house re-wired at Christmas time or some such (actually I'm sure that's a stretch even for him - I'm just still venting - sorry to vent on your blog!)

So glad you had a marvelous day!

Pam Aries said...

What a deliciou day! I believe that birthdays are special! And should be treated as such! I toast you with a glass of glittery Splendiforisness!

Annabelle said...

A very Happy Birthday Daisy....but I guess it’s past the time. Anyways, all the same A Happy Birthday.
Annabelle ~^..^~ xo

Beth said...

Oh sweet Daisy. I missed your birthday,but wanted to tell you that you will have a late present coming to you in the mail. So thats good, something to look forward too.
Happy Late Birthday, Daisy!!!

LindaD said...

How wonderful that your birthday became the greatest persent of all - filled with surprises and 'hugs' from all over. Belated Happy Birthday!

As always your writings delight me. The artwork is just beautiful. Do you draw these, or are they collages? Some remind me of the style of pictures from a favorite childhood book I had. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Daisygirl, your day sounds purrrrrrrfect!! So happy for you, I'm almost jealous. Meow! xoxoxo

As always, your artwork is awesome, wonderful, beautiful, and desirable.

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Birthday!
Yes I would love to join in with a Christmas story idea!
I am just new here and do not know many people yet, but hopefully that will not matter.

Denisex

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog my dear new friend! I am so happy, happy, happy that your birthday was so wonderful! My but a story circle sounds like so much awesome fun. Oh and thank you for the sweet remarks on my blog. Huggers!!!!!!!