Thursday, March 22, 2007

TIME TO MYSELF - A DAY OF HAPPY IDLENESS




The photograph above is the last 6x6 piece that I made for my Daisy Lupin Friendship Project

It has been a busy week so far, the trip to Thirsk on Monday, to meet the Glitter Sisters, then Tuesday, a day to go to my nearest town with a list of 'Things that must be done today - no procastinating Daisy'.

In reality this shouldn't take me nearly all day, it should just be get there, do the things that need to be done and back home again, but there always seem to be obstacles in the way. First of all half the roads in town are closed as the utilities are laying new water pipes and there are various diversions in place. Then I go into the General Post Office to see a big sign saying, sorry so many counter positions are not operating due to a staff shortage, so out of a possible ten there are two working and this is the old dears pension day. The queue twists and turns around the floor.
I finally get to the counter to find myself having a disagreement about a parcel I am wanting to post abroad, the counter assistant wants to fill in the customs form herself and seems slightly unbelieving at what I say the contents are and their value. Every shop I go into seems to have one till in operation and queues of people wanting to do complicated transactions. I give up, I wanted to go to the bottom half of the town to pick up some batting and soft toy filling and to have a rummage in Poundland for any goodies I can pull apart and alter, I give up, all that can wait until next week.

I finally flee town and end up at the supermarket on the outskirts of town, to top up with some urgently needed provisions. I remember to buy some daffodils for the vernal equinox tomorrow, and I am pleased to see they have a really good deal on them, I can fill vases round the cottage at this rate. I make my husband's day as I see they have the wonderful £3 value jeans back in in his size, why pay anymore for messing around the countryside, it doesn't matter how you treat them, they are value though and finally I can't resist this, I treat myself to a beautiful length of garden lights, all tiny green leaves and green jewels, certainly not for the garden, but to decorate my workroom which will be taking on green and lemon colours when I have sorted all the bags and boxes from my Mum's that are in it.

This is a [rather bad, sorry about that] photograph of the Moon Goddess Spirit Doll that I made for Kai for this month's Spirit Doll Swap.

Wednesday, the Spring Equinox, yes the sap is rising, I could do with a free day, but suddenly cleaning and sorting are on my mind. I set to with a will that has been lacking for some time and surprise myself with the amount of sorting etc I am getting done. My dining room looks almost like it used to before the influx of boxes etc. The living room in particular looks lovely with the vases of daffodils and the smell of equinox incense burning. The weather might not show it but I feel that Spring is springing.



Above is one of my Daisy Lupin Fripperies, this one a felt egg shape with The Green Lady of Spring awakening on it. THIS CREATION IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT PLEASE DO NOT REPRODUCE

So to today, Thursday, My Day, as I said above a day of happy idleness, a day of pottering round the house, browsing books, making lists of where to plant what is needed in the garden this year, lists of things that I have ready to renovate and need a coat of paint. Ticking off of projects completed [always a satisfying job] and putting together the components of my latest designs to be known as Daisy Lupin Fripperies, those who were at Thirsk know one of the designs. These I am putting up for sale as soon as I sort out a side bar link to Daisy Lupin Designs and yes they are covered by copyright. Once I have my design gallery up and running it will be quickly followed by another gallery which will be of interest to some people, but first the trial run will be with Daisy Lupin Designs, to see if there are any glitches.



A photograph of another of my Fripperies, this time a Flower Girl. THIS CREATION IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT PLEASE DO NOT REPRODUCE.

Now it is early evening Thursday, after enjoying the above I am posting this then going to sit and chill out in the living room to enjoy the daffodils and watch the buds bursting into flower, and you know with daffodils you can see that happening when they are in the warmth of a room.



Whoops, I am so chilled out I nearly forgot to announce the winner of the One World - One HeArt giveaway, silly me. After asking a friend to choose a number, easier than a draw, to give every name a number, the winner is .........................

drum roll:-

Tinker of Tinker Art

Well done, Tinker, I shall be starting on your spirit doll this weekend and be posting it to you in a couple of weeks. Hope you will like how it turns out, I don't know because they tend to create themselves.




16 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

first of all dear Daisy-Lupin~ you know what I LOVE about this post? that you spell MUM the same as I do :) - sometimes I feel the odd one out....
I would love to spend day with you in town - what fun we would have! Your life sounds just as I imagine life is like in the UK - I love reading about your daily bits and I imagine your cottage is just like a true english cottage is - I cannot wait to see it and I will !!
Your fripperies are delightful, full of the magick that only Daisy Lupin can make - straight from the heart. I am sure they will do well!!
and finally - congrats to tinker on winning the wonderful daisy healing doll - I am sure she will love it

Tinker said...

Oh my gosh - I feel like I've won the art lottery - Thank you, Daisy! I can't wait to see how the spirit doll grows under your creative hands.
Love your new Fripperies - very fresh and spring-y. Your new garden lights sound de-lightful
:-) as do the daffodils - mine have just pushed up their green leaves, but haven't actually bloomed yet - I can hardly wait - when I see them bloom, then I feel like it's really spring.
Thank you again, Daisy, so very much!! XOXO

Gill said...

I would love to spend a day at your cottage :-}. it sounds gorgious! When we win the lottery.........................

Take care
Gill

Gypsy Purple said...

What a great post!!!!!

Lila Rostenberg said...

I love your moon goddess created for Kai! I'm working on mine this week...for Gemma.
I like your fripperies, too!

Carole Burant said...

I just love your newsy posts like this:-) Oh Daisy your "fripperies" are absolutely delightful and I can't wait until you're selling them!! Isn't it wonderful to have a "me" day and just do what you want to do...although you did have a lot planned to do that day! lol Happy Spring dear Daisy!! xox

Sheila said...

Despite your plans going awry, you still got lots done.
You know it's Spring when they start digging up the roads..LOL
I love your Daisy Lupin Fripperies, they are lovely.

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Daisy. I am in the midst of my own day to myself day as well. Hope to get so pictures of my adventures as I go. Sweet spirit dolls. One of these days . . .

Naturegirl said...

Daisy you have been such a busy bee since I have last visited! I am just catching up since arriving home last week! Oh my how sweet those Fripperie characters! where do you get the ideas and names! Oh that creative mind of yours..always working!!
hugs NG

Rowan said...

Days of happy idleness are great aren't they? Making plans and lists is one of the things I really like doing. I got carried away by the sorting bug during the last couple of days too and have gone through almost all the drawers in my bedroom, just a cople of small ones and the wardrobe to do. As for roadworks - they seem to be round every corner these days - not only a nuisance but ugly and noisy too. Makes it even nicer to have your peaceful cottage to come home to:)

Saur♥Kraut said...

You are just so terrifically talented! Your dolls' drawn-in faces remind me of my grandmother. She used to make very similar things. I miss her - what a talented lady she was!

gma said...

Daisy,
Just love your precious little Fripperies....really very sweet.
Lucky Tinker winning one of your dolls. Fantastic!!!!
xoxo

Janet said...

I love your new designs! They are just so cute. And I'm sure they will be a big hit with everyone. Let us know when the "shop" is open.
Yay! to Tinker for being the winner of one of your spirit dolls.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

You make the day to day always sound like poetry in motion. Your Fripperies are pure delight and filled with personality - much like you!
Congratulations to lucky Terri for winning the spirit doll to come...I'm sure it will be enchanting. oh and the Moon Goddess is fab, how wonderful you were able to hand deliver it!
Happy Everything!
XOXO

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I always enjoyed how you described your trips, they kind of sound like mine but for some reason I amgine you in carriage and beautiful dress and hat, no idea why. And I absoultely love your art dolls and Fripperies!!!

KaiBlue said...

Dearest Daisy sis.. I wanted to let you know that your dollie and I are home and Luna(your dollie) will have a special home in my studio which I'll photo for you soon :) Thankyou for her..
It was wonderful to meet to, you're even more beautiful in person..Your soul just shines..
:)Peace, Kai.