Sunday, May 28, 2006



These are some of the lilies I grew. I just adore lilies and always have some planted in pots around the garden.




Looking at this photo I am amazed to note that the honeysuckle that is starting to climb up the corner of the white wall has grown so much since then.




Some more of my lilies and a clump of lovely lavender phlox.




Another plant I use lots of every year are petunias I just love the brilliant colours of them and usually have pots of them on top of the back wall so they can trail down.




This is a view back up the alley beside my barn, I add more pots and plants to it every year. The first year I lived here I only had five pots in it.

The weather is still very unpredictable with quick heavy rain showers and then a brief sunny interlude, and there has also been a rather blustery wind. I thought to cheer things up I would post some more photos of my garden last year, and think positively about better weather eventually arriving so my plants can bloom even better than last year.

I have been busy inside with my sorting and decluttering regime, and I am feeling rather proud of myself when I see all the magazines I have gone through taking out articles and photos. The only magazines I am allowing myself to keep in their complete form are Country Living, and I have many years worth of them. I got up early yesterday morning and had a lovely time as I have begun a sort of journal in which I note down quotes that mean something to me, old fashioned household receipes, hopes, dreams and various creative ideas that I have had. I am decorating the pages with various scraps, photos from magazines, old theatre and art gallery tickets etc. I have used a lovely hardbacked journal book I bought in Paperchase last time I was in London to visit my children. I already keep a garden journal with gardening tips, gardening articles etc. Don't you just love keeping journals like these? It was lovely sitting at my desk with some peaceful music playing, cutting, sticking and writing and drinking my first cup of coffee of the morning.

2 comments:

Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh I love lilies too! Especially white and pink ones!

Your garden photos from last summer are all very lovely!

RusticateGirl said...

I have lily envy looking at those pics! I have only a few lilies planted so far but hope to order a ton of bulbs at the end of the season. I recently discovered this website which looks very tempting in the lily category!

http://www.oldhousegardens.com/