Wednesday, May 24, 2006



Here is another photo of the countryside around my village, this is a view of one of the village churches, which is built above the bend in the river.


Thanks to ms*robyn and Carol for leaving kind comments on my blog. I hope to introduce myself to a few people soon. The weather is still not good. A very cold wind and some very heavy showers of rain. I did manage to get out briefly into the garden at the weekend and managed to remove a bamboo edging which I disliked from my smallest flower bed and replace it with random cobbles, which I think looks much more naturalistic. This small bed was my herb patch last year but I was given a flower bed's worth of perennials from a departing neighbour, and I had to put the herbs back into pots and use the bed for the perennials. So it is herbs in pots for this summer. One or two of the plants I was given I am having difficulty identifying from their leaves, so it will be exciting to see what flowers they produce. I will have to call this bed 'lucky dip bed' until I know what is in there.

I have decided on bad weather days this summer I will concentrate on emptying and reorganising all my cupboards, drawers and baskets. I collect far too many magazines that I cannot bring myself to throw out thinking I might need them one day. So I am sitting with piles of magazines tearing out articles, pictures etc that I like and then getting rid of the magazine. I will place the articles in folders [ a good excuse to buy some lovely new stationery, an addiction of mine] and use any pretty pictures for a scrapbook that I am longing to begin making, as I have suddenly discovered altered books etc, which I intend to find out about.

3 comments:

VintagePretty said...

What a lovely picture! Thanks for your comment on my blog, it's always nice to meet a fellow gardener :)

We don't live too far away from each other, either, a mere hop, skip and jump down the A69! Having always lived in a semi-rural setting, I suppose I appreciate nature so much more (can't get enough of it!). Cities have their upsides, but oh how I belong in the country!

Enjoy your foray into blogging!

Naturegirl said...

I found you through Carol's site! From what I read we seem to have similar likes:cats, herbs, pretty stationary, holding onto our magazines,(I just found pretty folders to house articles I cannot part with) and we are "newbies" to the world of blogging. :) I shall be back!!

Anonymous said...

I also cut the pages out of magazines of pretty rooms & ideas & put them in folders. The problem is I never seem to have to look in the folders later. I've been doing this for years but just can't stand the idea of throwing all those magazines out without taking the photos to save.