Monday, April 09, 2007

THE THINKING BLOGGER AWARDS [THE OSCARS OF THE BLOGS]



Sorry, just couldn't resist the above title. I would like to thank Lila of http://indigopears.blogspot.com/ for nominating me for a Thinking Blogger Award and also my stylist, my personal trainer, my hairdresser, my driver, the man who counts my money, the man that punches the paps if they take a photo of me when I am tired and emotional lol! In turn, I would like to nominate these five people:-

1. Robyn of
http://goodnessgraciousmissr.blogspot.com/ There is always plenty to mull over and think about here on Robyn's site. Robyn who is obviously a kindred spirit to me.

2.Tinker of
http://tinkerart.typepad.com/ It would be a much duller world without Tinker's rambling stories, funny, serious or just plaint scary they make my day no one, can ramble and go off on a tangent like Tinker.

3. Gemma of
http://www.gemmashouse.blogspot.com/ A quiet blog but one with a lady in charge who has done some deep thinking and knows some very deep knowledge I believe.

4. Nature Girl of
http://nature-trail.blogspot.com/ For her poetry, thoughts and wonderful artistic photographs.

5. Janet of
http://jkbees.blogspot.com/ A lady who tries so hard to be true to herself and has refound her creativity mojo and has interesting points of view.

There you go those are my nominations for the Thinking Bloggers Award. I will wear my sidebar badge proudly.




I have recently added another sidebar badge that I found on Robyn's blog, which I believe originally came from this blog,
http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233. I notice that more of us are using it and that Kai has talked about this issue on her blog http://kaibluecreations.blogspot.com/ . Basically, it is Blogging without Obligation, to me it means we are all busy people, we blog to put our thoughts down, to make friends with other bloggers and to receive and reply to comments. Now some people are lucky and can do this on a day to day basis, but some whether through family, jobs or just plain business doing things we enjoy, are not so on the ball as every day. Then that horrid sense of guilt and obligation creeps in, oh I better not go to bed until I have commented on so and so's blog, they might think I am not bothering anymore. This badge showing on my sidebar means, I am still visiting you and commenting, some days and weeks more than others, I work up my list and down my list of contacts, so not everyone gets a comment everyday. If I am busy I won't be around as much, but if it was anything drastic that was happening and I was not going to be around for a while I would somehow get a quick posting up to inform people. Let's keep blogging heartwarming and not let it descend into stress and disenchantment my motto will be WE LIVE FIRST, THEN WE BLOG, otherwise we would run out of things to blog about.



It is Easter Monday afternoon now, I don't know how many of you have an official or Bank Holiday added on to Easter, but now we are nearing the end of the Easter Holiday. I have had a fantastic time, well according to my idea of what I wanted to enjoy I have. Haven't been anywhere since Thursday, just in my cottage and garden. Two days of brilliant weather and two days of so so weather, so I managed to do a little bit of everything. How content I feel after allowing myself all this self indulgence. And what have I done over Easter? Well, the Easter type things first, cooked a delicious Easter Sunday Meal, drank wine, ate chocolate. Tidied round the garden, hoeing weed clearing checking up on new growth, chatting to neighbours, sitting in the sun finishing off one book I was reading and starting a Charles de Lint book I have been waiting to read. Read some delicious magazines and dreamt about owning the wonderful gardens and rooms shown in them. Watched a couple of dvds, including one of my favourite indulgent ones Practical Magic, from the book by Alice Hoffman, it never fails to cheer. Burnt some wonderful incense, the most fragrant I have had for ages. Brought a box of wonderfully illustrated children's books that were my kids and mine, out of the cupboard, as I have decided they need a bookshelf of their own so I can look at the illustrations and I can fill the cupboard up with some of the sorted boxes lying around. All in all a really good Easter, which I will finish off this afternoon, with a list making session for the garden, house and future projects. Oh, and I pulled off all the images I need for the Chunky Crow Book project I am in. I'll be assembling it this week, all 22 pages of it.



If the sun comes out again, I may return to the garden this afternoon, or if not, I will sort through the children's books and then tidy up my computer, its getting cluttered and untidy so I will start transfering things onto disc so I can empty up some more memory. I did sent out a lot of email easter cards, but I don't think you all will have got them I had some returned saying wrong email address, that was news to me, as my emails themselves have been getting through to you all. So I hope you have all had a wonderful Easter as I have had, but in your own special ways.



18 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

Daisy - thankyou for choosing me as a thinking blog - sometimes my thoughts are scary, sometimes they are the thoughts of a crazy woman but they are all mine. I feel honoured and blessed that you mention me as a kindred spirit - thankyou.
It is easter Monday night here - I am confused as to the time over there...is it morning or afternoon?

this is a wonderful, wonderful post - I totally agree with you & Kai on the blogging without obligation... as you know I have suffered blogger angst for awhile, for these very reasons.
love & blessings xoxo

Miss Robyn said...

ahh I just worked it out - the time that is.... it is about 1pm Monday there and 10pm Monday here - I am approx. 9 hours ahead of you... we must chat on yahoo soon oneday !

Anonymous said...

Congradulations! Wonderfullly thoughtful! *HUGS*

Lila Rostenberg said...

Savouring special children's books, especially for the illustrations is a wonderful idea! Children's literature is so rich and usually uplifting (As Anne of Green Gables, for example!) and the picture books truly have some fine art work in them!

Julie said...

Daisy,

Lila nominated me too, and now I am trying to come up with five names. I have three, but I am still working on the other two. The trouble is, I would have named YOU, but Lila beat me to it. Your blog is THE best of the Thinking Blogger blogs. I have written you previously to tell you how much I admired your blogs on the moon and moonstones. I love your illustrations too.

Tinker said...

Thank you, Daisy for such a lovely nomination - I'm honored to be in such fine company.

I like your motto - you're so right - there wouldn't be much to blog about if that's all we did.

Glad you had such a peaceful holiday weekend!

tlchang said...

Congrats on the Thinking Blog nod. And I love the BWO icon and idea. It is a bit angsty (I feel guilty even getting ON the computer right now with the big-impending-deadline, much less writing, reading or commenting on blogs... Speaking of - I'd better get back).

Thanks, as always, for sharing yourself with us all!

J C said...

Daisy, I love you and love your blog and love it when you visit mine. Know this...if you don't visit, I know you are busy elsewhere....life does not twirl around each one of us individually. I understand when I dont get comments all the time. Geesh.....there are so MANY blogs to visit. I visit many that I don't even comment on becuz if I did, I would have no other life at all except in front of this computer! You know the saying about visiting a place in nature and leaving only footprints...same with blogs. Sometimes I leave only my spirit...no written words. But I am here more often than you may think! xoxoxoxoxo

Naturegirl said...

Dear Daisy I am here in my PJ's hair mussed from sleep as it is early morn
to accept the prestigious award!I am deeply touched THANK YOU!Blogging has allowed me to make connections with
wonderful spirits and that means you.Thank you for allowing me the opportunity for a glimpse into your world.your art. and your heart.
hugs NG

Carole Burant said...

Hi Daisy:-) Congratulations on the Thinking Blogger Award...very much deserved I must say!! I have also seen that Blogging Without Obligation button and am thinking of putting it on my blog too...for so long I tried to visit everyone every day but as my list of friends grew longer, so did the hours it took me to visit everyone! I've since slowed down a bit and try not to feel guilty if I don't visit someone for a couple of days!! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful Easter:-) xoxo

Janet said...

Daisy, I am just now getting around to visit and I see that you've nominated me for this award! (I think HB might disagree with you about whether or not I'm a "thinking" person!!) Thank you so much. This is my first ever award for my little blog and I will cherish it.

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Daisy..Thankyou for stopping by with your stamp of approval on the glitter girl first meet.. It was so much fun to meet you.. I put the group picture in my Trip diary and every time I see you all, i smile!!
you are thee most wonderful sisters!!
Peace, Kai

Shop girl said...

Daisy, Dropped in to see what you have new, you never fail to have something beautiful to share in words and art. Hugs, Mary

Felicia said...

Congratulations!

Dupa Jasia said...

.. .. ...

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I would like to say DITTO in its entirety to the comment left here by Judie.
There was a moment in time(a VERY short moment) where my not commenting on blogs made me feel guilty - and those not commenting on mine made feel something too. BUT it just isn't feasible to get to everyone AND comment and truly read. So, I too, often tip toe in and tip toe out but NEVER do I leave with anything less than enlightenment when I do. And I know there are tip toes to mine as well. It's all good!
I am VERY thankful for you!
XOXO

gma said...

Thank you so much Daisy for the nice surprize. Of course your blog is definately on my list
xoxo

Lisa said...

Congratulations. Well-deserved!