Friday, December 29, 2006



This is my last posting for 2006, I am in the middle of changing over to the new blogger system, so will spend the next few days experimenting, I could do with a new background and fresh layout for the new year, so I am hoping to achieve this and want to come up with something special.

I am just rounding off 2006 by publishing some Christmas photos, that I have just had emailed to me tonight by my daughter, Sweetpea, who took them, they mainly seem to concern food and the Xmas meal! She can be a greedy little girl when the mood takes her.


First, to the right is our Christmas tree with the presents under it, all waiting to be opened on Christmas morning.

The children have returned to London and their own lives now, leaving a house, that for a day or two will seem exceptionally quiet. I did a little bit of tidying after they had gone, but have decided to be very very lazy from today, Saturday, until the day after New Year. The artroom needs a really good sort, as a lot of the Christmas present wrapping took place in there and I stored items in there over Christmas. I shall probably take the decorations down after New Year's day, I don't very often leave them until Twelfth Night, once we hit January, I like to feel New Year Fresh, with new calender, diary, journal, and no Christmas fripperies left hanging.





This was the dining room table almost set for Christmas dinner. We started with the actual Christmas main course this year, as I have noticed when we have starters, no one wants the Christmas Pudding.



I carve the turkey in the kitchen and plate it with the stuffing and place all the vegetables etc, on the table, finally bringing the gravy boat to the table when we sit down.



For some reason, Sweetpea, decided she should have this photographic reminder of what her Christmas dinner looked like! For such a slight, slim girl she does have an exceptionally hearty appetite at times!



This was Sweetpea, wearing what I think must have been her favourite present, a tweed baker boy cap, that are just so in fashion over here at the moment. I don't think she has had it off her head since Christmas Day, except, I presume to sleep.




I must post this photograph of the beautiful tote bag I received off Robyn,it is so beautifully made, and I will really treasure it, I love the hare that is leaping across it, and the green reminds me that spring won't be too long in appearing. Thank you Robyn.



I found these three photographs that I had never posted of my new artroom that I moved into in November. I photographed three sides of it, one side of it has a lot of boxes that I need to sort through before bringing in some bookshelves. That's my drawing and crafting desk, because it is right next to the window.



That's my sewing desk, with its boxes of material underneath. It is piled hight with bits of Christmas wrapping paper and empty boxes at the moment. The bags that hang on hooks on the wall are useful for storing bits and pieces in.




That's the long wall of the room, the other side is the upstairs corridor. The wall hanging is enormous and is from Africa, and is all block printed.



Also thank you to Beth, for the cute snowman and snowman Christmas card etc that arrived in the post today, I haven't had time to take a photo of it yet.



I think that just about tidies up the year, both the good parts and the bad, and now I want to chill out so that in January, I can start up and organise lots of projects I have in mind.

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL



17 comments:

Janet said...

Your daughter is so pretty. She looks adorable in the hat. And that meal looks enough for two!! She must have a great metabolism.

Your art room is so neat and tidy compared to mine! I've been working in there for two days trying to organize things after the big Christmas mess.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your new blog look in 2007. Happy New Year!!!

Tinker said...

Your Sweetpea looks charming in her new cap, and your Christmas dinner looks delicious (it's making me hungry just looking at it :)
Loved the peek into your art room and your Christmas table.
Wishing you a happy New Year!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thank-you for the photos from and of your pretty daughter!
Aren't we gald to have the art rooms/ retreat centers to go to when we feel a bit lonely...!! There the creative ideas start coming and we are blissfully at peace once more!

Sheila said...

Your Christmas looks lovely..Sweet Pea obviously misses Mum's cooking!
I look forward to seeing your 'new look' blog Daisy.
It was lovely to meet you this year.
All the best for 2007..!

Miss Robyn said...

I am just in the middle of answering your email but I needed to tell you that your dining room is the exact colour as mine. spooky

Miss Robyn said...

ok, back xo
you & I are so similar, it is scary.
I have decided to take a little break from housework until after the New Year & I also like to take my decorations down before the New year, starting fresh with new candles and journal - a New Year in more ways than one for me - turning 49 on the first day!!
are they brussel sprouts? That is something we don't serve at Christmas but I love them!
glad you liked the bag xox
and your artroom! wow, how neat. Love the idea of bags hanging to keep bits in.
hope you have a wonderful New Years eve - see you in my dreams, hee hee xoxo

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I just love all the pics in this post! What a lovely art room. So nice and organised! Your daughter looks so cute in her cap! God bless you all and happy new year!

KaiBlue said...

Your room is so inspiring!! I need to hang stuff like yours..lol..
The food looks yummie...oh, and I aodre Sweetpea's cap, it's too cute..
thankyou for sharing..
Happy 2007..Kai.

Naturegirl said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year and much
creativity..looking forward to your new look! Hugs NG

Patry Francis said...

Happy new year!

Gretel said...

Lovely to see more photos of your house - your art room is about three times the size of my studio! Wish I had that much space!

Happy New Year Daisy

MariaJ said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR FRIEND!

Arty Lady's blog said...

Have a great New Year

Lila Rostenberg said...

I'm liking the new look as you update and change your blog!

Mary Bee said...

I just wanted to say Happy New Year to you Daisy.

tlchang said...

Hope you are enjoying your 'chilling' and are getting all refreshed and recharged for the new year!

Carole Burant said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, Daisy!! Looking forward to all your future posts and comments:-)Loved seeing the pictures your daughter took...everything looks great and the food looks delish!! Good luck with the blog change over...I tried again the other day and it said I couldn't move it yet! Much love xox