Wednesday, November 15, 2006


Do you want to play? Today the words and phrases are up for Daisy Lupin's Stream of Consciousness. This is how it works, you pick one word or one phrase from the list
below. You can do it anytime between today, 15th and 22nd November and post it on your site. This is what to do. You have up to fifteen minutes to write about your word or phrase, I can't tell you what to write or how to approach it because it must be as the title says Stream of Consciousness. Just take your word or phrase and start typing just see where your musings go, if you feel you have finished musing before fifteen minutes thats fine, on the other hand don't go beyound fifteen minutes, just stop right there. You may think you have written down a load of unintelligible rubbish, or your may be lucky and have a poetical piece of writing. Whatever you get read it, post it on your site and then as a matter of interest go back and read it again a few days later, I really believe that most of you will find something in there saying something to you or meaning something to you. Go on, try it play, are you going to join in? It doesn't matter if you have all picked the same word or if there is a great variety
.



Here are the words and phrases:-

sublime
glimmer in the dark
spick and span
cunning
moonstruck
out of alignment
patience
birds of a feather
shimmering
catastrophe
blue moon
devotion
disbelief
energy
way forward
with the eyes of a child

Off you go, I'll be looking for postings over the next week.

Sweetpea returned to London yesterday morning, we had fun, and now the house has returned to its normal pattern. I always, even now, feel a little lost on the day one of the children return to their own lives, so I decided to take a bus into town to do a little Christmas glitter shopping. I want to make some more Christmas ornaments and bits and pieces, and have been experimenting with some ideas. I want to keep some ornaments for my home and I want some to send and give to friends. The weather is still dreadful, with really heavy showers every couple of hours, but I need to get supplies in for the glitter fest before they are sold out.

I am becoming expert at buying cheap swags of christmas decorations in places like Poundland, pulling them all apart and putting them together in a different way decorating things I have made. Managed to get some gold spray, which seems to be in short supply this year, but also found some lovely packs of pre cut squares organza, which will make pretty little bags for sweets or lovely bows, also some lovely feathers and some beads to decorate my hanging birds with. I am determined to have a great creativity weekend and there will be glitter, snippets of organza and sequins flying all over me and my artroom, and possibly sticking to me due to the fact I will be already covered in glue!




I have been meaning to upload this photograph for a long time, of the cushion, Robyn, made for me to commemorate Pixie, [my little cat that died at midsummer]. It is always on a chair in the room the computer is in, and has been so much admired by people that have seen it. Also have uploaded this photograph of the charity shop tiger, which I bought on my birthday, I mentioned two postings ago. He has been named Tobias Toppenham. I always name my belongings and not just soft toys, a strange quirke but just a Daisyism, amongst others there are Ferdy Fangs, my black plush bat, Ducky Dinkums, a beautiful large smokey blue chinese ceramic duck my daughther bought me one Christmas and Pinky Sniffs, a small sugar mouse that lives on my work desk.



Although I am making a lot of Christmas Cards, I have also bought some from my cyber friend over at the Middle of Nowhere, check out the cards she has designed and had printed, they are quite unusual and really delicious. I fell completely in love with Angel Cat. For me it is full steam ahead for Christmas now, which is why I desperately need to have my cake baked this weekend, it is late with all the things that have being going on in my life. Better late than never is what I say. So I am calling this weekend for me 'Preparing for Christmas - a creativity and baking weekend'. I know, my friends in America, still have Thanksgiving before they can go into full Christmas mode.



My moan of the week is that Channel 4 have lost the rights to Lost. I am a big Lost fan and have followed the first two series avidly. Now I find that I will never see the Third Series, Sky have bought the sole rights to it and begin transmission of it this Sunday. We don't get cable in our area, and don't have Sky, just Freeview, now in what seems to be a thrilling Third Series, it has gone from my life. I have tried to read up the episode guide for the first six episodes of this series that have been shown in America, before the winter break, but they don't give the full tale of what happens in the episode. I feel totally at a loss about Lost!

Last of all a plea to any of the Glitter Sisters who have so far managed this, I can't get Angelic Earth uploaded to my sidebar, some have managed this, but not me, it is obviously too technical an operation for me to succeed at. If any GPS can help me do this please email me.

Just remembered, first I wanted to sneak a little photo of Sweetpea that was taken this last weekend, and to say to her publicly, 'you see those pretty bronze beads of mine, that you are wearing in the photograph, and obviously just happened to fall into your suitcase and return to London with you? I rather think they would like to come home for Christmas with me! Daughters! We had already organised a hat and handbag swap, she must have taken them as an extra!

By the way this posting has taken me nearly TWELVE HOURS to get it posted onto my blog! So please excuse any grammatical or spelling mistakes, I got fed up of retyping etc when I kept losing pieces.




Don't forget to join in Daisy Lupins
Christmas story or memory posting

Post a Christmas story, memory, even a ghost story
Or Poem you would like to share
More than one if you wish.

Anytime between 17th and 24th December
Just let me know it is your contribution
I will transfer them to a temporary site
There they will remain for everyone to enjoy

Until the end of January
Come on Lets have a Giant Christmas Story Circle



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have been busy! I will try to do one of the words in your Stream of Consciousness thingie.

I love the Pixie pillow. How sweet. And such a nice way to remember your kitty. I name inanimate things too!

Sweetpea is lovely. And daughters are very clever at "accidently" taking bits and pieces home with them!!

Anonymous said...

I will choose my word or phrase carefully and then just start in, this should be interesting, I'll have to set a timer.
I name things too - even the cat toys! lol!

I was like that with my mom, she'd ask me "uh isn't that mine?" and my response would be "you NEVER use it". sometimes it worked and sometimes not.heehee

oh and that pillow is adorable.
XOXO

Tinker said...

Your Sweetpea lovely (I have two daughters, so I have double the trouble keeping track of where my baubles bob about!)

I've pasted the stream of words into a notepad for later - not sure yet when I'll get to them, but I'll give them a whirl sooner or later.

The Pixie pillow is adorable, as is Tobias. I name inanimate objects as well, including my plants, and just about anything that sits still long enough.

Have an amazingly glittery, creative
weekend!
xo

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Daisy. I played with stream of consciousness. It took me out of myself. Feels wonderful. I'm the girl on the beach.

Anonymous said...

wow Daisy! a long, long post.
the game sounds fun and I will certainly have a go sometime soon.
funny how 'we' have to race and buy Christmas stuff before it is sold out - it makes me mad! I am just not mentally ready for Christmas and don't have a clue how I will be decorating but if I don't buy the things now, like you say - it will be all sold out.

You sound so much like me when I create - I come out sparkle larkling all over - a sight to behold sometimes - the inner child giggles with delight - we are both glitter goddesses for sure! or is that glitter crones? hee, hee

I am glad that you like the cushion - when I was making it - I kept thinking of Pixie - love that name! I almost put a little green hat on her :)

Let me know how you need help with the earth button and I will see if I can help. I usually just upload it to a photo host and get the url that way.

xoxo

Lila Rostenberg said...

What wonderful seaside women illustrating your post!
I will choose a phrase and try this stream of consciousness writing (with a timer like lisa).
I have been a wee bit envious when you get to see SweetPea...now I am happy to say that my daughter and grandaughter are coming next week(our Thanksgiving). Hopefully, they won't take too many of my baubles home with them!

Annabelle said...

Daisy you never cease to amaze me on how much effort you put into blogging. I find it overwhelming at times with my busy schedule; especially now when it’s so close to Christmas and a million things to do. I'll try the stream next week but first I have to catch up with all the blogs I've missed reading the last few days. Love the Pixie pillow and yes I agree with Janet Sweetpea is lovely.

Annabelle ~^..^~ xo

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Sweetpea is beautiful! I am slowly learning how my things are found later and (unexpected by me!) on some little girl's bedroom.
I am going to give a try to this game since every single word is a favorite of mine. LOL
Thanks always.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dais~
I am off to do Stream of Consciousness now. I am so excited I love stuff like this....Sweetpea looks like a lovely girl. Yes, daughters love to "borrow" things...don't they?
xoxo

Beth said...

I am going to try the Stream of Consciousness. But I am not the best at writing,I use to be, but I am braindead now,lol. I love the Pixe pillow, such talent Ms.R has.
My daughter has been known to nap a few baubles of mine, but not lately, she's been too busy!
Have a great evening Dear Daisy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy..take it as a compliment that Sweet Pea wants to wear your things..LOL. She is a pretty girl. xo
That Blue ~ 'daughters love to borrow things'..boy I could make a list..
I hope to try your stream of conciousness, but will wait until I'm alone in the house, and not likely to be interrupted !

Anonymous said...

I did the word "Energy". I love how it turned out too.

Anonymous said...

I do like the sound of spending 15 minutes musing on a word.
I will do this when we go out on the motorbike on Sunday!

Dxx

Naturegirl said...

12 hours! That is dedication and we appreciate your effort!So much in this post to view and read!You are a busy little *~elf~* it seems! That pillow is beautiful what a wonderful cherished gift! I have also taken photos of my pillow collection..they are works of art!

Carole Burant said...

Soooo...been busy much?? lol I guess it's that time of year again, we're all running around trying to get things ready for the holidays! I don't have a daughter so I never went through "misplacing" my things but I remember at home, I used to "borrow" my mom's stuff! lol That Pixie pillow Robyn made you is SOOO sweet, I'm sure you'll treasure it always!! Hugs xox