Thursday, October 05, 2006


I found this meme on Janet's site and I know she won't mind but I stole it. Actually I think she got it from another website herself. Its quite a fun, but interesting one. I'm not going to tag anyone to do it, if you like the idea of it then just answer the questions and put it up on your site.

1. FIRST NAME?
Daisy

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No, it’s a childhood nickname

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
Yesterday, reading a post about a dying cat, tears just streamed down my face

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No not really, it gets rather extravagant and out of control [like me lol!]

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
Hope you are not talking horrible stuff like spam. Smoked ham is my answer

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes, but I might get exasperated with me, due to my mad flights of fancy, not everyone wants to go charging into dreamland

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
Yes, yes and yes, a thoughts and private musings one, an arts ideas one and a real ‘I must be organised one’

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes!

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Never, no way

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Jordans Crunchy with almonds and raisins

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Yes

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
I try to be but I hate lifting heavy items it really goes for my back. Mentally, yes my mind is strong.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Praline


14. SHOE SIZE?
6 English

15. FAVORITE COLOR?
Purple

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Not being taller I am 5ft 3.5in [don’t forget the .5 in]

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My little cat Pixie

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
I pinched this so this is irrelevant

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
I am not wearing any shoes. What are you insinuating by colour of pants? Underwear hah![Well if you really want to know, no I don’t think I’ll tell you ha! lol!]

20. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Chilli

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
My husband has Frank Zappa very loud on the hi-fi. Not one of my favourites but one of his.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Purple of course

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Vanilla

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My mother

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO?
Eyes


26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Well as I said I pinched it, off Janet’s site actually, but yes., of course,I like Janet

27. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE DRINK?
Wine any colour

28. FAVORITE SPORT?
Hah! Me thinks you joke. Broomstick flying

29. EYE COLOUR?
Hazel

30. HAT SIZE?
Not a clue, but I adore hats and have loads, I can never have too many

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No

32. FAVORITE FOOD?
Cheese - squeak squeak

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING?
Happy Ending


34. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Sorry boring black

35. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer

36. HUGS OR KISSES
Well that depends, hugs for most people I would think

37. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Tiramisu

38. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
Wicked - Gregory Maguire, Yeat’s Poetry and a book about the myth and folklore of Hares

39. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Nothing but a dark blue colour

40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Lost finale

41. FAVORITE SOUNDS?
Early morning bird song and a cat’s purr

42. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Rolling Stones as I was a wild child

43. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
To the end of the Rainbow and flying in the night sky turning right at the brightest star

44. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
Being able to tell a tale at the drop of a hat [my mother says its my Irish background coming out in me]

45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
England

46. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Come on, turn the bright light off and stop interrogating, I’ve told you I pinched it

47. NEWEST THING YOU'VE TRIED?
I am no techno head, an ipod

48. WHAT ONE THING WOULD YOU CHANGE ABOUT YOURSELF?
My age, I would be younger but with the mountain of experience I have now

49. WHO DID YOU LAST SEND A LETTER OR CARD TO?
Can’t tell because they might be reading this

50. WHERE WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO VISIT IN THE WORLD IF MONEY WAS NO OBJECT?
I would time travel to Atlantis



Do strange things ever happen to you like this? The other day I had a phone call from a lady, who I have never met or even seen, who lives in the next village saying that she had some photographs for me from the beginning of the 1900's, and we arranged that I should go to collect them. Yesterday I went to collect them and as soon as she opened her front door I had to say to her, 'I knew this was going to be you', and this is what I told her.

Do you remember, the other day I mentioned taking the bus into our local town? Well on the return journey I was sitting down in my seat watching people board the bus, and in particular I watched this lady board and move toward the back of the bus. Immediately, a thought came into my head 'that's the lady you will be getting the photographs from' I kid you not, I almost approached her, she was by herself and said 'are you .....?', but I thought, no better not she might think I am completely whacko.

As I said before, I did tell her when she opened the door, and she was amazed, and honestly she didn't think I was crazy but agreed with me how these strange little instances can happen in your life. Have any of you had that happen to you, it's not the first time it has happened to me?

Don’t forget to join in Daisy Lupins’
Halloween Ghost Story Posting
Post a ghost story, something strange that happened
To you or a tale you want to tell
On 31st October, or as near to before
As possible.
Let’s have a Giant Story Circle


15 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Hey not fair, you're .5 taller than me!!! lol I had never seen this meme before so really enjoyed it and your answers...we know so much more about you but I'm glad you didn't answer the one about the colour of your underwear! LOL Wow, what a strange thing, to have known who that woman was who was going to give you those photographs!! I can't say anything like that has ever happened to me, not that I can think of anyway! Hugs xox

gma said...

Yes Daisy it happens to me too. Alot even. Trying to think of the strangest one lately...well anyway
I'm a little psychic too (has to do with sensitivity)...but I'm always surprized by it.

Anonymous said...

I've had those precognative instances on more than one occasion. I've reached the point where I find it quite normal, and fun. Dreams also, though for me those are more frightening. Daisy, I've jumped the gun on your Hallow e'en story idea and posted something that just came so easily, for once..! I felt I had to take advantage of it. Who knows, maybe the muse will stike again before the 31st..!

tlchang said...

Of course - and these things seem to happen the more you pay attention.

(And what would you expect from someone who rides brooms and has flights of fancy? :)

Tea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tea said...

Enjoyed reading this Daisy, and getting to know more about you. You`re a little taller than me. I`m only 5`2. That`s fascinating about you knowing that lady would give you pictures! Can`t wait to see them, hope you`ll put some up for us :)

tea
xo

Lisa said...

That was a good meme. I really enjoyed reading your answers. That's a really neat thing about the lady on the bus.

natural attrill said...

Hello Daisy, I have just added links to our blog, and included yours, hope that's ok.
Penny.

Tinker said...

Enjoyed reading your meme, but I'm a bit envious - you've got .5 worth of height on me, too!

I love when one of those foreshadowing flashes occurs. I wish I could tap into that more often.

Anonymous said...

I am only .5" taller than you. Are you enjoying Wicked book. I did. I have also read Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. The closest I have come to this happening to me is with my mom every time I start thinking about calling her and if for whatever reason don't get around to it for a few days she will call me.

Julie H said...

Hi Daisy

I have just finished reading your last few posts and so enjoyed them, you are a story teller.

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Ms Daisy, I read Janets intero..um questionairre, and now yours. It's awesome how many things we have in common and how many wonderful things I find out about folks from these.
:) Thanks for an enlightening post!!
Peace Kai

Beth said...

OH Daisy,,I loved the Meme,,,that was cool. I am going to pinch it and do it tomorrow. I have a Frank Zappa loving husband too,,lol. And you know what,,I have had visions like what you had with the lady with the photos,,its almost like Dejuvue,,been there, done that before,,wierd isnt' it? Go check out the great bargains I got yesterday,,they are so cool. Hope your having a lovely Sunday evening!!
xoxoxoxo

Naturegirl said...

Daisy yes I have looked at complete strangers and guessed our meeting..a strange feeling when it happens.You little 5'3" sz. 6 shoe pixie of a gal who loves her purple!I see a pixie fairy in my mind!

Janet said...

Any meme I have on my blog is ALWAYS up for grabs by anyone who wants to do it. That's usually how I get them anyway! Loved your answers, and I'm exactly one inch taller than you. You're right... don't forget that .5 inch!

The instance with the woman and the photos was so very you. I think you have lots of psychic abilities....and I've never met you....at least in this life!