Saturday, June 24, 2006


This is a very short and sad posting. Our beautiful cat, Pixie, died this morning. She was run over on the road. She was a cat that never strayed far beyond the garden and the common land behind it, but for some reason we shall never know, she ventured further this morning and lost her life. My husband assures me it was sudden and that she cannot have known anything about it. We can only console ourselves with the fact that she did have a wonderful but short life. We will never forget her and she goes to join previous cats we have owned. My daughter, has just emailed me to say that it is fairy day and Pixie will be with the fairies and she will like that.

I have a posting ready for tomorrow, which I shall probably upload, but I may take a day or two off blogging, depending how I feel, but if I do rest assured I will be back in a few days.

I feel I should end on a positive note and so will, regardless of my sorrow, wish everyone a happy fairy day.


10 comments:

vicci said...

Oh Daisy....I'm so sorry about your precious kitty....I feel so sad now...but maybe this will cheer you up just alittle...I finished your atcs...they came out nice and I'm pleased that you will be getting them...they are in the envelope and ready for me to mail...which I will do today! You are in my thoughts....Hugs...Vicci

Alice said...

Daisy - I am sorry about the loss of your precious little cat. A beloved pet has a special place in one's life.

Tracy said...

Daisy, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Pixie. Hugs being sent your way!

Sigruns German Garden said...

I am sorry, that your little cat is dead. She will always have a place in your thaugts.

Sigrun

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh, Daisy, I am so sad to read of Pixie's death. I've lost more cats than I can remember and each time it is so sad. They are little family members all. Here's a big hug for you. Annie

RusticateGirl said...

I'm so sorry, that is just so sad. I have pets myself and can imagine how hard this must be. So sorry.

Miss Robyn said...

oh Daisy - I am sending big hugs to you and lots of love. I was just getting to know Pixie through your blog and I am sad that this has happened. She seemed like the perfect cat for your idyllic life.
xoxo You just take as much time to grieve and then come back to your friends in blog village. love always xoxo

David (Snappy) said...

I'm sad for you too, she seemed a star cat.Parting suddenly from ones animals is always shocking.She will be keeping her eyes on you though.She felt the love you had for her,x

Carole Burant said...

Daisy, so very sorry to hear what happened to your beloved Pixie....pets become such an important part of our lives and losing them is like losing a family member at times. At least you have the satisfaction of knowing she was loved in her short life!

Beth said...

Oh Daisy,,,I am so very sorry. That is my worst fear for my sweet cat. We live on a very busy road,,and so far she has been lucky, but I know one day she might not. My thoughts are with you, sweetie! Loved your music post too,,sounds like the same music I enjoyed,,and I abandoned the piano after 5 years,,thanks to the terrible teen years! I know Pixie is dancing with those Fairys,,count on it!